0 Current Deals
We don't currently have any Darkfield deals.
Immersive radio show tickets x2 for £9ish
Norm £11ish. From award-winning theatre co. DarkfieldExpired
With Halloween creeping up, here's a way to scare yourself silly without leaving the house. If you visit Darkfield Radio* and enter the MSE Blagged code DOUBLE15 or VISITORS15 at checkout, you can get two tickets to one of its unique audio shows for £9.07 (norm £10.64, including service fee). This offer ends at 11.59pm on Sat 7 Nov.
There are two unsettling shows to choose from (or you can do both): Double and Visitors. In either case, you'll need an internet connection, a mobile (or other smart device), the Darkfield app, earphones and a buddy/partner with their own mobile and earphones. The shows are designed for two participants, so you can only buy tickets in pairs.
How to book and take part
1. Choose the show you want, click 'book UK' and select a date and time.
2. At checkout under 'have a promo code?', enter code DOUBLE15 for Double or VISITORS15 for Visitors to get two tickets for £9.07.
3. Download the Darkfield app from Google Play or the App Store.
4. You'll receive an email with two access codes - one per person. Within the 24 hours before the show, enter your access code into the app.
5. Be ready to start, with your earphones in, five minutes before the show time.
See More info for further tips on getting the most out of the experience.
What is Darkfield?
Pioneering theatre company Darkfield is known for its shipping container shows: each one a self-contained, multi-sensory world, brought to life with binaural audio, pitch darkness and surprise elements. Since lockdown, it's come up with Darkfield Radio: a series of immersive shows that can be experienced from home. Participants are asked to do some minor set up and to sit in a certain place. The show then corresponds to that set up.
Which show should I choose?
Double involves scrutinising your friend or partner's face, before closing your eyes. Its theme is the 'Capgras delusion', a condition which makes you convinced that a loved one has been replaced by an exact replica with evil intentions.
Visitors is a ghost story with a message: be careful who you let in. This one involves slightly more activity on your part.
Each shows lasts 20 minutes.
Are they scary?
While there's nothing X-rated mentioned in either, these shows are deeply unsettling and require you to turn out the lights or keep your eyes closed for a prolonged period. If you're easily scared or afraid of the dark, stay away. It's recommended for ages 14 and above, so it's not suitable for young kids.
For more ways to enjoy theatre from the comfort of your own home, see which theatres are streaming past shows.
Be careful when selecting your date and time - this can't be changed once the tickets are purchased.
- Allow notifications on the Darkfield Radio app for reminders.
- Set your phone to “Do Not Disturb” so you're not interrupted.
- Close all other open apps before the show starts.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection and your phone is charged.