Now the festive season is over, both supermarkets and other retailers are slashing prices and Christmas chocolates and sweets are being sold off at a fraction of the price. When it’s gone, it’s gone though, so go quick if you want to stock up.
If banning chocolate wasn’t one of your New Year’s resolutions (don’t worry, it wasn’t one of mine either!), then it might be worth making a trip down to your local supermarket to see what treasures you can find.
Some discounts are huge and if you’re not bothered about Christmas branding you could amass more chocolate than Willy Wonka in no time. Here are a few of the tasty discounts that we found:
- Lindt Melting Moment – 10p (was 50p)
- Smarties Penguins – 10p (was 65p)
- Ferrero Rocher set of 5 – 49p (was £1.50)
- After Eight mints 200g – 49p (was £1.25)
- Lindt Milk Chocolate Santa 125g – 49p (was £3)
- Rowntree’s Jelly Tots tube 130g – 48p (was £1)
- Little Rolo giant tube 100g – 48p (was £1)
- Smarties giant tube 150g – 48p (was £1)
- Cadbury selection box 155g – 98p (was £2)
- Jelly Babies jar 570g – £2.48 (was £6)
- Lindt selection box 445g – £4.48 (was £13.99)
- Lindor Christmas ball 550g – £4.98 (was £10)
- Toblerone 400g – 75p (was £3)
- Jaffa Cakes yard 600g – 75p (was £5)
- Reggie the Robin 200g – £1.25 (was £5)
- Thorntons Chocolate Snowman 155g – £1 (was £3.50)
- Quality Streets 350g – £2 (was £5)
- Ferrero Golden Gallery chocolates 327g – £3 (was £12)
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange 175g – 49p (was 99p)
- Lindt Teddy Bear 100g – £1.50 (was £3.12)
- Smarties Hexacube 304g – £1.50 (was £4)
If you fancy really gorging yourself, Thorntons* has a factory clearance with at least 50% off every hamper – online and in store depending on stock. Delivery is £3.95.
- Classics Toffee, Fudge & Caramel Selection*– £4 (was £10)
- Family Feast hamper* – £24 (was £50)
- Winter Wonderland hamper* – £27 (was £60)
Fancy chocolatier Hotel Chocolat also has a post-Christmas sale on with prices starting from 97p. Delivery is £3.95.
- Milk chocolate gold star decoration 10g – 97p (was £1.95)
- Dasher the Reindeer 150g – £3.50 (was £4.90)
- A Dozen Gingerbread Men 120g – £3.50 (was £7)
It’s worth noting that prices could fall even further. Last year Tesco told us: “Once the festive season is over, we gradually reduce the price until all the stock is sold.”
Watch out – many of the chocolates and sweets we saw in supermarkets had expiry dates in Jan 2015, so check before you buy if you were planning to save them for Valentine’s Day or even Christmas next year.
Found any post-Christmas bargains? Feel free to boast gleefully about how much you’ve saved in our Xmas Saver 2014 forum thread.