Now Easter’s over we’ve seen shops selling Easter eggs and other goodies up to 60% off in store. So, if you’re not already weighed down by too much chocolate, hop along to your local branches to see if you can find some bargains.
Bear in mind, these offers will be store specific so you may need to hunt around. Here are some examples of what we and our forumites spotted in stores…
• Thorntons has an up to 60% sale including small Easter eggs for £1.60 (were £4) and a Harry Hopalot egg for £2.80 (was £7). Also, online Thorntons has a 50% off end-of-season Easter sale until stocks last.
• Tesco has packs of five Cadbury Creme Eggs for £1 (elsewhere three for £1 norm), thanks to forumite pinkchick, who also found 25p individual Cadbury Creme Eggs (elsewhere 59p), Lindt bunnies from 25p-£1.50 depending on size (50p-£3 norm), a pack of six Kinder eggs for £1.90 (elsewhere three-pack £1.49 norm) and five packs of mini Lindt bunnies for £1 (elsewhere £2.48).
Plus we found 75p Cadbury Creme Egg and Nestle Smarties medium Easter eggs (down from £1.50).
• Waitrose has lots of its Easter chocolate stock at half-price. For example, Green & Black’s milk chocolate eggs and MaltEaster eggs with four bunnies are £3.14 (was £6.27)
• Sainsbury’s has a MaltEaster mini bunny for 34p (was 50p).
• M&S has an Easter chocolate nest cake for £5 (was £10). Forumite meanmum found all eggs were half-price at their local branch.
• Morrisons has eggs and Easter goodies at half-price. Forumite quoia found 32p Easter Chocs including Creme Eggs, Caramel Eggs, Aero Eggs (down from 65p) and five packs of Cadbury Creme Eggs for £1.25.
Don’t like chocolate? MSE Eleni found Sainsbury’s has six hot cross buns reduced to 50p from £1 and legs of lamb half-price per kg.
If you find any egg-cellent bargains, let us know on the spot the half price Easter egg MSE forum thread.