We’ve spotted a loophole in an app from the Premier League which offers a range of cracking freebies and offers. It’s aimed at footie fans travelling to away matches, but we’ve found you don’t have to be a supporter and it doesn’t matter if you don’t know your Arse-nal from your elbow, you can still be on to a winner.
You can score a free 500ml bottle of Coke, free two-month Tastecard membership and 10% off Ibis and Novotel hotel stays using the Away Days app. The Premier League says there is nothing to stop non-football fans taking advantage.
The current offers
You have to select a team and an away fixture to see the offers, but we found that no matter which team you choose – we even checked Spurs (eugh!) – the deals are almost identical. You can redeem the offers at participating retailers anywhere in the country on any day until they expire, you don’t have to be going to a match.
When we checked on Tue 14 Apr, selecting Arsenal (of course, who else…?) and the next away game at Hull, deals we found include:
- Free £1.15ish 500ml bottle of Coke at One Stop convenience stores (400 codes avail, redeem by 25 May).
- Free two-month Tastecard membership for new customers – gets 2for1 at 1,000s of restaurants (redeem by 31 May).
- 10% off Ibis hotels (for stays until 24 May). It will ask you to choose a date and club, select any, then click on the homepage icon – you’ll be able to choose any location and the discount code should be entered automatically. This may not always make it the cheapest, so see our Cheap Hotels guide before booking.
- 10% off Novotel hotels (for stays until 24 May). You’ll have to choose a date and club, select any, then click on the homepage icon – you’ll be able to choose any location and the discount code should be entered automatically. This may not always make it the cheapest, so see our Cheap Hotels guide first.
- £5 off a £20 spend at Takeaway.com with online payment only (1,000 codes avail, redeem by 1 May).
- Free 500ml bottle of Lucozade Energy Orange at One Stop stores (limited codes, redeem by 26 April) – we couldn’t find this on the Arsenal section.
All the offers have different terms and conditions, and some have a limited number of redemptions, so do check them first before any purchase.
How to get the app
Simply download the Premier League’s Away Days app for your Apple or Android device. You’ll need to select a team and an away fixture and then select ‘Offers’ and ‘Get this offer’. Then show the code on your phone at the retailer, or follow the links to the relevant website to book. If you can’t find an offer you’re looking for, try selecting other teams and fixtures.
Most offers only run during the Premier League footie season which ends on 24 May, so you’ll have to go quick.