If you hold a Nationwide credit or debit card, you could get £25 cashback when you spend £100 at Amazon.co.uk by 11.59pm on Thursday 17 December. It’s simple and is great for last-minute Christmas shopping or gift cards.
MSE update 2pm Thu 17 Dec: Some Nationwide cardholders were unable to view this offer. Nationwide has told us the issue has now been fixed and anyone who registers before 11.59pm will be able to get this offer. Anyone who registered during the fault and spent money on Amazon will have their cashback credited.
How does it work?
– To be eligible you have to hold ANY Nationwide credit or debit card and be signed up to its Simply Rewards scheme, which offers cashback or rewards for spending at certain retailers (usually based on your spending habits). It’s free and instant to join (sign up at Simply Rewards).
– Once signed up, to activate the offer you must log in and click on it to view it (it’ll be the offer at the top of the page as soon as you log in).
– Then spend at least £100 in a single or multiple transactions by 11.59pm on Thursday at Amazon.co.uk using the same Nationwide card registered on Simply Rewards.
– Your Nationwide account will be credited with £25 within five days of the money being taken (Amazon must take the money by 31 December for the offer to work, but it’s normally much quicker).
– This work on gift cards too (again, you can buy multiple cards as long as the total value is £100 or more). Amazon gift cards expire 10 years from the issue date so you’ve got plenty of time to use them (only get them if you use Amazon.co.uk though, and see our Gift Card Warning guide).
You should also check out our Amazon Loophole guide to try to get the most out of your £100 spend.
Will it be in time for Christmas?
Amazon’s cut-off for last orders to guarantee delivery before Christmas is 20 December (free delivery options), or up to 24 December for paid delivery – so there’s still time to take advantage.
Are there any exclusions?
– Only items purchased from Amazon.co.uk are eligible.
– You can’t buy anything that’s pre-order or that won’t be available before 11.59pm on Thursday 17 December.
– Sorry, but if you’re not a Nationwide cardholder it won’t work.