Gift cards are rarely reduced because stores are afraid that people will take advantage and play the system. We’ve spotted a cracking deal at Tesco, so we’re going to take advantage and play the system…
Until 11.59pm on Sun 6 Mar, you can get 20% off selected iTunes, H&M, New Look, Monsoon, Accessorize or Pizza Express gift cards in store at Tesco (the discount will be applied automatically at the checkout) or online – delivery’s from £1.50 or free for digital gift cards.
We’re not big fans of giving these as gifts at MSE, because if a firm goes bust, its gift cards are usually rendered useless, and often people forget to use them before they expire. So we suggest you buy them for YOURSELF, provided those are stores you’d shop in anyway, then double the discount when there’s an offer on.
You won’t earn your normal Clubcard points on gift card purchases, but for every £50 you spend on gift cards (AFTER the discount), you’ll get 150 Clubcard points (worth £1.50 in store or up to £6 in rewards).
Use them with other discounts…
As these gift cards effectively work as cash, you can combine them with other discounts. Here are the gift cards available in this deal, and the current offers:
– H&M – £20 gift card for £16, can spend them in stores only, expire after 24 months of non-use – PLUS 25% off one item for new email subscribers or £5 off £20 when you recycle old clothes. See all H&M deals.
– New Look – £25 gift card for £20, can spend them in stores and online, expire after 24 months of non-use – PLUS up to 60% off selected lines or 10% student discount. See all New Look deals.
– Pizza Express – £20 gift card for £16, can spend in the restaurant only, expire 18 months from date of purchase – PLUS 2for1 Wednesday or two courses for £12. See all Pizza Express deals.
– iTunes – £25 gift card for £20, can spend them online only, no expiry date – We couldn’t find any current iTunes deals, but you could buy now and save them until you find a good offer.
– Monsoon – £25 gift card for £20, can spend them in stores and online, expire after 24 months of non-use – We couldn’t find any current Monsoon deals, but you could buy now and save them until you find a good offer.
– Accessorize – £10 gift card for £8, can spend them in stores and online, expire after 24 months of non-use – We couldn’t find any current Accessorize deals, but you could buy now and save them until you find a good offer.
How many can I buy in one go?
There’s a maximum of five gift cards per transaction and a maximum spend of £100 if you buy them online. You can use Clubcard vouchers to buy them, but check first that this is the best use of your vouchers, as you could get up to four times their value with Clubcard Boost.
The offer’s available in every Tesco store that sells gift cards, but not every store will have the same range. If you’re planning a special trip, it’s worth calling ahead to check if your store stocks the one you’re after.
It’s worth noting, gift cards are non-refundable.