By MoneySavingExpert's Coupon Kid, Jordon Cox
MSE Update Thu 5 May 1.25pm: This blog was first published last week, so please note some of the offers may have ended. We’ve kept the blog live for reference.
I’ve seen some big discounts in my time, but even I was left speechless when I stumbled upon this trick to get £60 of online Sainsbury’s shopping FREE.
As with most extreme savings, there’s a bit of work involved and you won’t be eligible to get it completely free if you’ve shopped online at Sainsbury’s before.
However, even without the ‘new customer’ advantage, you can still bag over £40-worth for free by stacking cashback on top of freebie codes.
If you didn’t want to buy everything here, just entering a few codes could get you £14 of free stuff – so there’s something for everyone here.
I’ll take you through how it works in the sections below. There are three separate parts to this, so be sure to read to the end. Here goes…
1) £14-worth of freebies (New AND existing Sainsbury’s customers)
There are eight free food items worth more than £14 you can claim online at Sainsbury’s by simply entering codes – and you can use all eight of them at once. As usual, only a limited number of people can redeem each code – so go quick if you’re doing this as it could disappear at any time.
- Free bunch of tulips* (norm £2.50) – Enter FREETULIPS
- Free Castello blue cheese* (norm £1.50) – Enter FREECABLUE
- Free Kingsmill Sandwich Thins 6-pack* (norm £1) – Enter FREETHINS
- Free Cheerios Oat Crisp cereal 350g* (norm £2) – Enter FREEOATCRP
- Free Yeo Valley Bio Live yogurt 4-pack* (norm £2) – Enter FREEYEOBIO
- Free Sabra houmous or baba ganoush* (norm £1.90) – Enter FREESABRA
- Free Cravendale semi-skimmed milk 1L* (norm £1.15) – Enter FREECRASEM
- Free Munch Bunch Squashums yogurts 6-pack* (norm £2) – Enter FREEMUNCH
If you manage to fill your basket with all these freebies, you’ll get £14.05 taken off your bill. Unfortunately, there’s a £40 minimum spend to get free click & collect, but there are two ways you can take this even further to make up the difference (see below).
2) £20 off a £60 spend (New Sainsbury’s customers)
If you haven’t shopped online at Sainsbury’s before, you can get £20 off a £60 spend by entering the code AFFMSXTFAA at checkout to get an added bonus. Your shopping must be delivered before 11pm on Tue 10 May
You can use both the £20 off and the freebies above together, which means a £60 basket will drop to £25.95 after all the discounts – better than half-price.
3) £27-worth of cashback via CheckoutSmart app
If you wanted to use those two offers, you will save a fair whack, but to push it to the extreme you can use cashback app CheckoutSmart to claim cashback on specific items (see our cashback apps guide).
By bulk-buying the items that offered the most cashback, I was able to notch up £27.50 by adding the following to my Sainsbury’s order:
- 18x Schwartz refill spices – £15 cashback (£2.50 cashback when you buy three. Claim six times.)
- 5x Brioche Pasquier 6-pack – £2.50 cashback (50p cashback when you buy one. Claim five times.)
- 5x Bernard Matthews sliced turkey breast – £3.75 cashback (75p cashback when you buy one. Claim five times.)
- 5x Bernard Matthews sliced chicken breast – £3.75 cashback (75p cashback when you buy one. Claim five times.)
- 5x Peperami singles – £2.50 cashback (50p cashback when you buy one. Claim five times.)
I did this trick myself by using the above offers and with the £14 of freebies, the £20 discount on my total shopping basket and once the cashback’s paid into my account, I’ll have bagged almost £61-worth of free groceries and been paid 80p to take them.