By MoneySavingExpert's Coupon Kid, Jordon Cox
The supermarket’s a treasure trove for all kinds of offers – not only the retailer’s own regular discounts, but also, if you look closely at products, manufacturers will often include a coupon, freebie or promotion to tempt you to buy.
This afternoon, I popped into a couple of different supermarkets and spotted stickers, promotional packaging and tags yielding great offers including ‘free’ nail polish, cinema tickets and a £10 off B&Q voucher, as well as kids’ sticker sets and theme park 2for1s.
All of these on-pack promotions require little to no hassle, no printing and no sending off receipts – simply buy each of the products (assuming it’s something you need) and reap the rewards, often instantly. Here’s a video from my shopping trip today:
Obviously, I’m not suggesting you buy everything on this list, but hopefully you can benefit from at least one of the offers I’ve summarised below:
– £10 off £50 spend at B&Q with Bombardier ale – There’s coupon hanging around the neck of the bottle, valid until Fri 23 Sept. I spotted it at Sainsbury’s (where the beer’s £1.95), but cheapest at Morrisons (£1.65).
– Free travel tin with Bodyform sanitary towels – Just look for the packs with a free tin attached (while stocks last). I saw them in Sainsbury’s for £1.
– Free Nails Inc polish (normally £11ish) with Wilkinson Sword Quattro women’s razors – Pick up the pack with a ‘Free Nails Inc’ sleeve wrapped around it. Enter the code with your details online for the freebie to be posted to you. I found them in Superdrug (£6.99) but they’re cheapest at Boots (£3.49). The code’s valid till May 2017.
– Free cinema tickets with Mars chocolate/sweets – You’ll need to buy three big bags of chocolate (£1ish each), or 6 smaller bags, and they’ll need to be the ones with promotional packaging. The tickets are valid at Cineworld, Showcase and Empire.
– 2for1 theme park tickets with Kellogg’s Squares – There’s a voucher attached to the back of special packs for free adult entry when accompanied by a paying adult or child. I spotted these in Tesco (99p), but they’re also £1ish at most other major supermarkets. The voucher’s valid until June 2017.
– Free kids’ animal stickers with Fruit Bowl dried fruit snacks – The stickers are inside the packaging. I’ve seen these packs in Tesco (£1), the cheapest place to get them. There’s also 50p cashback on CheckoutSmart for you to save some money when buying them (see my cashback blog).
These are just a few that I spotted when I went looking for them today, but on-pack promotions change all the time – so keep your eyes peeled for freebies and discounts on packaging whenever you’re at the supermarket.