By MoneySavingExpert's Coupon Kid, Jordon Cox
You don’t have to shell out a fortune on Easter eggs as lots of them will most likely be on offer at some point during the run-up to Easter (Fri 14 Apr to Mon 17 Apr). It may seem way off right now, but buying early will help you make some egg-cellent savings.
There are already some good deals on eggs for you to pick up. On Tue 9 Mar, I spotted the following:
- Selected medium Easter eggs (122-141g) including Cadbury Dairy Milk and Malteser – £1 each at Asda* & Morrisons*.
- Selected large Easter eggs (233g-307g) including Cadbury Creme Egg & Mars – £2 at Tesco* until Tue 14 Mar. Next cheapest I found, £3 at Sainsbury’s*.
- Selected kids’ Easter egg gift sets including Scooby Doo & Barbie – Three for £10 at Asda* (normally £5 each).
- Thorntons eggs flutterby/football – Two for £5 at Tesco* (normally £4 each) until Tue 18 Apr.
- Cadbury Creme Egg (40g) – Three for £1 at Tesco*, Waitrose and Ocado until Mon 17 Apr.
There are no guarantees the same will be available at stores near you, but if you are going to be buying Easter eggs, now is the time to look out for a bargain – leaving it until the last minute will probably mean paying more.
Not fussed about Easter Eggs?
Gram for gram, Easter eggs don’t give you much chocolate for your money compared with standard bars (see MSE Jenny’s blog), so if you’re not fussy about the shape of your chocolate you might save even more money by simply avoiding the seasonal aisle completely.
Have you spotted a sweet deal on Easter eggs? I’d love to know in the comments below, on Twitter @MSE_Deals or on Facebook.