By MoneySavingExpert's Coupon Kid, Jordon Cox
If you’re shopping in store at Tesco this weekend, you can get £21.05 worth of goods for £8.67 by combining coupons with in-store offers.
It’s really simple, you’ll just need to print a few coupons and take them into the store (find your nearest*). Obviously, i’m not suggesting you buy everything on this list – but all of these items are from big brands, including Johnson’s and Fairy, and are likely to be products you’d be after anyway, so by taking these coupons you can pick up an unexpected saving.
Here’s what you can get and video of how it’s done:
– 17p New Covent Garden soup (700g) – Currently £1.17 (norm £2.35) until Tue 21 Mar and there’s a coupon for £1 off, which makes it 17p. The coupon has no set end date.
– £1 Johnson’s makeup wipes (25 pack) – Currently £1.50 (norm £2.50) until Tue 14 Mar and there’s a coupon for 50p off, which makes them £1. The coupon has no set end date.
– £1.50 Viakal limescale spray (500ml) – Currently £2 (norm £3.20) until Wed 15 Mar and there’s a coupon for 50p off, which makes it £1.50. The coupon has no set end date.
– £3 Fairy Non-Bio gel (888ml) – Currently £4 (norm £7) until Tue 7 Mar and there’s a coupon for £1 off, which makes it £3. The coupon has no set end date.
– £3 for FOUR medium branded Easter eggs (122-141g) – Currently buy two get two free (norm £1.50 each) until Tue 7 Mar, which makes them 75p each. Eggs include Maltesers, Mars and Creme Egg. No coupon required.
Don’t shop at Tesco?
I picked Tesco to shop at this week because of the strong deals on offer, but all of the coupons can be used at any major supermarket. You might find the odd individual item cheaper elsewhere, but this blog is aimed at helping people who were going to shop in Tesco anyway to save money. I’m doing these at different supermarkets each week, so make sure you check back next weekend.
And of course, this blog is for people who usually buy branded items – you can often save more by buying non-branded products. And don’t forget, there are more than 100 other coupons to print on our coupons page so it’s worth a look before doing your weekly shop.