We’ve blagged a deal to get you a £5 off-peak coach return ticket from London to Paris, Brussels or Amsterdam for mid-week travel until Tue 19 Dec.
It’s all about getting the discount card Supercard for a three-week trial that we’ve blagged for £5. You’d usually get the £5 trial for two weeks and/or pay £19.95/mth for normal membership. One of its offers is the ‘free’ coach return trip (this is also exclusive to MSE users), though Supercard also gives access to discounted beauty treatments, cinema tickets and more.
Step 1 – Get the Supercard 3-week trial for £5
It’s billed as free trial but you pay a £5 admin fee for the trial via this Supercard* link by 11.59pm on Thu 30 Nov (extended from Sat 21 Oct).
Of course, this is only good value if you’ll actually use the ticket – so check the included journey times below and then the Eurolines website to check availability on the coach you want, before you pay a fiver.
Warning: After 21 days you’ll be automatically enrolled into a monthly membership for £14.95 a month (normally £19.95, but MSE users get £5 off). If you don’t want to be charged, cancel before day 21 by calling 03301241223 or emailing email@example.com.
Step 2 – Get the Euro coach return at no extra cost
- Sign in to Supercard*, go to the travel category, and click on ‘free return coach trip to Europe’.
- Scroll down to the ‘booking screen’.
- Select your destination – London to Paris, Brussels or Amsterdam.
- Select your travel dates until Tue 19 Dec. This promotion is for outbound journeys between Monday – Thursday and return journeys between Tuesday – Friday (excluding Tue 31 Oct and Wed 1 Nov).
- Select the number of passengers. If you’re just booking for one passenger, there’s nothing to pay – click ’email code’. If you’re booking for 2-4 passengers, you’ll need to pay an additional £10 per seat.
- Supercard will then send you an email, including your ‘voucher ID’ and ‘security code’. Go back to Supercard’s ‘free return coach trip to Europe’ page, enter your ‘voucher ID’ and ‘security code’ and click ‘find my journey’.
- It’ll then open a separate National Express page, where you can select your journey times and book your tickets. Make sure you select the free ‘E-ticket’ option – you then need to print it and show on the day.
The following journey times are included:
- London to Paris – 8am, 10.30am, 1.30pm (between 8hrs 45 mins and 10hrs)
- London to Amsterdam – 8am, 9.30am (between 10hrs 45 mins and 12h 10m)
- London to Brussels – 8am, 9.30am (Between 8hrs and 9hrs 15)
- Paris to London – 8.30 am, 10am, 12pm, 3pm (Between 6hrs 30mins and 8hrs 30mins)
- Amsterdam to London – 8am, 10am (Between 10hrs and 11hrs)
- Brussels to London – 8am, 2pm (Between 6hrs and 7hrs 45)
If a seat on the above services is available you can book it at no extra cost. However, there’s a chance journeys could sell out as there are only 49 or 63 seats per coach, so you may have to be flexible with your dates/times.
What else can I get on Supercard?
Supercard offers its members a range of deals in the UK across different categories, including food and drink, entertainment, days out and travel. It’s a closed group so we can’t share the specifics of most deals and you can’t see them without signing up – but, we’ve seen a preview, and decent savings include:
- Up to 40% off 2D adult cinema tickets at selected cinema chains chains. Tickets can be used for any showing of any film, including weekends.
- One free beauty treatment a month, including massages, manicures and spray tans. Limited to only one free treatment per salon.
- 4%-13% off gift cards, including Tesco (4% off), M&S (5% off ), House of Fraser (7% off ), Argos (4% off ) and Toys R Us (8% off ).
This is only the second time we’ve covered a Supercard deal, so it’s still a bit new to us. Yet we’ve done our usual digging to check it out and we think this is a decent deal. Let us know what you think of it in the forum, on Twitter or Facebook or in the comments below.