Can you find super-cheap post-Christmas chocs? 29p Cadbury Santa, £7.50 Ferrero Rocher & more
Now Christmas is over, both supermarkets and other retailers are slashing prices and festive chocolates, sweets and biscuits are being sold off at a fraction of the price. When it’s gone, it’s gone though, so go quick if you want to stock up.
If you’re not thinking of giving up chocolate as a New Year’s resolution (and you won’t eat it all in one day!), then it might be worth making a trip down to your local supermarket to see what treasures you can find as most online deals have now sold out.
Some discounts are huge (with best-before dates from April-October 2018), so if you’re not bothered about Christmas branding you could amass more chocolate than Willy Wonka in no time.
Here are a few of the tasty discounts we found in store on Wed 27 Dec:
B&M Bargains (find your nearest)
- Cadbury chocolate Santa 50g – 29p (norm £1)
- McVities Victoria biscuit selection 825g – £3.99 (was £4.99)
Asda (find your nearest*)
- Hot chocolate fudge – 50p (was £1)
- After Eight straws 110g – £1 (was £2)
- Terry’s Twilight mint 150g – £1 (was £2)
- Green & Black’s velvet edition dark chocolate sea salt 90g – £1.25 (was £2)
- Grand Ferrero Rocher 125g – £2 (was £4)
- Thorntons mint collection 282g – £3 (was £5)
- Fererro Rocher decorative 60-piece pyramid 750g – £7.50 (was £15)
Tesco (find your nearest*)
- Lindt teddy 10g – 30p (was 60p)
- Quality Street bag 500g – £1.75 (was £3.50)
- After Eights 300g – £2 (was £3)
- Skittles funsize tub 754g – £2.50 (was £5)
- Nestle Black Magic chocolate box 348g – £3 (was £6)
- Quality Street tin 871g – £4 (was £5)
- Thorntons classic collection 462g – £7 (was £10)
- Ferrero collection 518g 48-pack – £10 (was £12)
Superdrug (find your nearest*)
- Maltesers Merryteaser chocolate reindeer 29g – 10p (was 60p)
- Terry’s chocolate orange 157g – 49p (was £1)
- Lindt Lindor assorted chocolate truffles 200g – £1.49 (was £4)
- Cadbury Milk Tray 530g – £1.99 (was £6)
Deals spotted in stores by MoneySavers
- £2.50 tubs of Roses/Heroes/Celebrations at The Co-Op (find your nearest)
- £2.50 (was £5) Dairy Milk collection box at Asda
- £2.50 Fox’s fabulously biscuit selection 600g at Sainsbury’s (find your nearest)
Deals you can still get online
If you fancy really gorging yourself, Thorntons* has a January sale with at least 50% off – online and in stores depending on stock. Delivery is £3.95.
Thorntons (find your nearest*)
- Seasonal Selection* 302g– £3 (was £7)
- Christmas Selection* 457g – £4 (was £12)
- Christmas Indulgence Collection* 1045g – £20 (was £40)
Fancy chocolatier Hotel Chocolat also has a post-Christmas sale both online and in stores, with prices starting from £1.36. Delivery is £3.95.
Hotel Chocolat (find your nearest)
- Milk chocolate gold star decoration 10g – £1.36 (was £1.95)
- Dark chocolate Santas 30g – £1.75 (was £2.50, suitable for vegans)
- Caramel chocolate reindeer 100g – £2.76 (was £3.95)
- Chocolate reindeer grand slab 500g – £11.20 (was £16)
Found any post-Christmas bargains? Feel free to boast gleefully about how much you’ve saved in the comments below, or tweet us @MSE_Deals.
Have your say
This is an open discussion; anyone can post. Comments may be edited, and are only published during the working day. Please report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous posts (inc username) to firstname.lastname@example.org.