Premium make-up from the likes of Benefit and YSL is rarely discounted. However, around this time of the year, you might be able to pick up one of your branded staples with a hefty discount.
In the run up to Christmas, lots of make-up gift sets hit the shelves. These are usually made up of one of two combinations – either a selection of minis only, or one or more full-size items, plus a few minis thrown in. The good thing about the latter, is they often cost around the same price as the full-size item(s) included – so if you’d buy them anyway, it’s a good way to get a couple of extras thrown in for free.
Then once Christmas has been and gone, some of these make-up gift sets get reduced (no surprise there). But this means you might be able to find one of your make-up staples in a gift set that costs LESS than if you bought it individually – and this principle applies to other beauty gift sets too, eg, fragrances and skincare.
Here are some examples we found on Thu 10 Jan. We list the cost of the full-size make-up item(s) – the cheapest we could find it online – and its CHEAPER gift set.
Lancôme Hypnôse Volume-À-Porter Mascara – 33% cheaper in gift set
– £14.70 gift set in store at House of Fraser (was £24.50) or £16.33 at online Debenhams* (using free click and collect). Set includes mascara PLUS mini khol black eyeliner and 30ml Bi-Facil eye cleanser.
– Mascara £22.05 bought individually at Feel Unique.
YSL N1 Touche Eclat and Luxurious N1 mascara – 26% cheaper in gift set
– £34 gift set online at Debenhams* (was £51) using free click and collect. Set includes Touche Eclat and mascara PLUS mini Top Secret make-up remover, Top Secret instant moisture glow cream and red make-up bag.
– £45.90 for both bought individually at Feel Unique (£22.95 Touche Eclat plus £22.95 mascara).
Benefit Cha Cha Tint lip and cheek stain – 29% cheaper in gift set
– £18.10 gift set online at Benefit* (was £27). Set includes Cha Cha Tint PLUS mini Posie Tint lip and cheek stain and mini Roller Lash mascara.
– Cha Cha Tint £25.50 bought individually at Benefit.
Have you picked up any discounted make-up gift sets? Let us know in the comments below, on Facebook, or Twitter.