Net a £10 Deliveroo discount by beach cleaning - EXPIRED
Environmental MoneySaving is looking to be the next big trend, and at MSE we've featured deals including reusable cup discounts, make up and skincare freebies for recycling and how to get £5 off at H&M by recycling towels.
Now, you could get £10 off at online food delivery company Deliveroo by filling a bucket with rubbish at different beaches every weekend for the next five weeks.
Deliveroo has partnered with Keep Britain Tidy to visit the following beaches over the next five weeks:
- Brighton beach - Sat 2 and Sun 3 Jun NOW FINISHED
- Bournemouth, Hengistbury Head beach - Sat 9 and Sun 10 Jun NOW FINISHED
- Southend, Shoebury seafront - Sat 16 and Sun 17 Jun NOW FINSHED
- Edinburgh, Portobello beach - Sat 23 and Sun 24 Jun NOW FINISHED
- Torquay, Meadfoot beach - Sat 30 Jun and Sun 1 Jul NOW FINISHED
Deliveroo staff will be at the beach locations from 12pm to 4pm each day, handing out buckets for people to fill with rubbish and return for a £10 off voucher. The rubbish will be recycled, and the voucher will be added to your Deliveroo account, and is valid for three months from the date you receive it.
Why is Deliveroo doing this?
Deliveroo now delivers food to 100 beach locations including the above, but remember - if you're visiting any beach and getting a delivery, take your rubbish home to recycle or use local recyling facilities or at the very least, the bin.
Can I get discounts anywhere else by beach cleaning?
If you can't get to the beaches above or perhaps don't use Deliveroo, we've spotted the following incentives for beach cleaners which you may be able to get, subject to availability.
- The Point Bar & Grill, Exmouth - Pick up a yellow bucket from the bar, fill it with litter from the beach and bring it back for staff to recycle to get a free hot drink.
- The Stable, Newquay - Pick up a yellow bucket, fill it with litter from the beach and bring it back for staff to recycle to get a free hot drink (preferably in your own reusable cup).
- D&G Café Deli, Westward Ho! - Ask for a yellow bucket and a picker, and get down to the beach to get a free coffee.
- The Noisy Lobster, Bournemouth - Collect and bring in a bag of rubbish to get a free hot drink.
- Cantina Kitchen & Bar, Paignton - Sometimes you can get vouchers for a free hot drink from Cantina for participating in organised beach cleans.
How do I find local beach cleans?
If you can't get down to any of the above beaches, but still want to do a beach clean in your local area, the following websites have more information.
- SAS (Surfers Against Sewage) - Charity that encourages people to volunteer to organise their own beach cleans, but sometimes lists local events.
- 2 Minute Beach Clean - Non-profit organisation with an app that allows you to upload photos of the rubbish you collect, or you can use social media with the hashtag #2minutebeachclean to find local beach cleaning spots.
Will you be visiting the beach at the weekend and taking part? Do you beach clean anyway? Let us know in the comments below, or on Twitter, or Facebook.