Today’s the day that MoneySaving forumites have been waiting for since 364 days ago: the Boots 75% off sale.
In true MoneySaving tradition, the MSE girls were all over the sale, filling our baskets with gift sets and goodies that can be squirrelled away for Christmas presents later this year.
Though it wasn’t handbags at dawn when we got to the Westfield store in west London at 1.10pm, it was evident the serious bargain hunters had already arrived and cleared out quite a few shelves.
And those shelves that weren’t empty were a mess, with products piled higgledy-piggledy. But that didnâ€™t stop us sniffing out some cracking deals.
The picture below is a pile of purchases by just me, Rose Harris-Birtill, Debs Baker and Charlotte Burns. The rest of the MSE girls were still in the MASSIVE queue, waiting to pay for their bargains.
Collectively, the products the four of us bought would have cost a grand total of Â£385.99. But we saved a whooping Â£284.26 between us, spending just Â£101.73 overall.
Some of our top finds included:
- Cosy Purple Heart slippers â€“ were Â£16, down to Â£4
- Gardeners’ World Head Gardener mug â€“ was Â£6, down to Â£1.50
- FCUK: The Date Planner â€“ was Â£14, down to Â£3.50
- No7 Total Colour Compact â€“ was Â£16, down to Â£4
- Topman Fragrance & Beanie gift set â€“ was Â£20, down to Â£5
- Sports trivia game â€“ was Â£5, down to Â£1.25
- Champneys skin comforting kit â€“ was Â£20, down to Â£5
- Party charades â€“ was Â£8, down to Â£2
Now we just have to find somewhere to store our purchases until December.
Did you head to the Boots sale? Let us know what you purchased in the forum discussion or in the comments section below.
Previous posts by MSE Team
- Consume a LOT of mobile data? Under 26? Take a look at thisâ€¦ - February 13th, 2018
- How to check if you have a 50p worth Â£65 - November 28th, 2016
- How to check if your new fiver's worth Â£100s - November 8th, 2016
- Toys R Us's Xmas layaway scheme - is it all it's cracked up to be? - October 17th, 2016
- How to legitimately dodge queues at gyms, attractions, restaurants, etc - August 26th, 2016