From time to time, jobs and internships are available at MoneySavingExpert.com, and we like it when they go to site users. Most jobs are advertised first in our free weekly email.
This page has details of all current job opportunities (if any are available), based in London. Salaries for permanent roles are never listed, as that would mean future team members' incomes would be permanently recorded, but they tend to fit with experience.
Digital Category Manager
We're looking for someone outstanding to join the growing and passionate Clubs team to oversee the optimisation and performance of some of the major MoneySavingExpert.com apps, reporting into Archna Luthra, Head of Clubs and Operations.
The Clubs team looks after all the live MSE Clubs plus tools such as our Eligibility Checkers, Mortgage Best Buys, Resolver and TravelMoneyMax. The aim of our tools is to make saving money and finding the best products as easy as possible.
Key activities will include:
- Monitor the performance of the sites by developing valuable and actionable KPIs.
- Work with the product team to develop an optimisation plan.
- Draw out relevant insights to drive strategy and ensure each channel is helping users while supporting the organisation financially.
- With the product team generate innovative, insight-led ideas to ensure tools meet the needs of our users.
- Work with the SEO and editorial teams to ensure tools are fully search optimised.
- Work with providers to drive new features and functionality within tools and drive market change.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the tools, ensuring they are operating smoothly and optimally.
- Review performance of the alert emails sent across tools, ensure users are getting the right information and develop/execute an optimisation plan.
Desired skills and experience
You are a results-driven firecracker, hungry to get things done, with an array of examples that show you've achieved real results.
You're also a team player, able to motivate and inspire a cross functional team to achieve the end goal and vision. You'll be an asset to the hard-working but fun environment the Clubs team has created.
When we meet you, you'll also be able to show us that you:
- Are educated to degree level.
- Have extensive experience working in a digital environment.
- Have knowledge of the finance industry or a strong desire and ability to learn more about the personal finance marketplace.
- Have strong numerical/analytical skills – and like the detail.
- Want to know who our users are and what they want.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to talk to everyone from directors to developers.
- Have a proven track record of delivering projects to deadline.
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
- Be organised and able to prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Are evangelical about using smart technology to solve people's problems.
- Be results driven and hungry to get things done.
The job is based in our central London office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. If you're interested, email your CV and covering letter to Archna Luthra at email@example.com. Please put "Digital Category Manager" in the subject line.
Digital Community Executive
We are looking for a motivated, community and social media savvy graduate/second jobber, who can combine overall direction with a proactive approach to making our forum the best MoneySaving experience it can be.
You'll immerse yourself in our hugely popular social network to research trends as well as users' views and experiences. You'll come up with ideas for new editorial content, tools and ways to improve and enhance our forum. You'll also support our in-house legal and abuse teams to research forum complaints and update senior staff.
You must have a passion for MoneySaving, be comfortable relying on your own initiative and be able to effectively manage a very vocal community with understanding and empathy for occasionally sensitive subject matter.
You need to have/be:
- Excellent written/spoken English
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Passion for MoneySaving
- Creative, with strong writing skills
- Comfortable relying on own initiative
- A natural storyteller
- Social media savvy
- Understanding/empathy for occasionally sensitive subject matter
- Educated to degree level
- Google Analytics experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with HTML
For more on main activities, skills required and responsibilities, see the full job description.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter, salary expectation and any enquiries about the role to Matt Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Digital Community Executive" in the title.