If you click a link with an * to go through to a provider, we may get paid. This usually only happens if you get a product from it. This is what funds our team of journalists, and keeps us free to use. Yet there are two crucial things you need to know about this.
- This never impacts our editorial recommendations – if it's in, it's in there because we independently rate it best.
- You'll always get as good a deal (or better) than if you went direct.
For a more detailed explanation see How MSE is financed.
0 Current Deals
In-store only. Final reductions so stock may be extremely limitedWhile stocks last
Boots* has boosted its post-Christmas sale, with discounts of up to 90% off selected products in-store (find your nearest*), while stock lasts. It's also boosted online discounts to up to 80% off, but it might be worth using the online 'Find in Store' function to see whether you could save more if something you want is available in your local store.
This sale originally began in December and so these are the final reductions on items that are mostly leftover from Christmas, so stock is extremely limited and in some stores there may be nothing left at all.
What's included in the sale?
As we say above, this is mostly leftover Christmas stock, so you can often find gift sets from the likes of No7, Soap & Glory, Ted Baker and more, which could make for a cheap treat for Mother's Day – see our Mother’s Day Gifts page for more ideas.
Some examples Boots told us you could find include:
- Ted Baker mini body spray rose and cassis 50ml - 40p, was £4
- A Little Something lip gloss trio - 75p, was £7.50
- LYNX Black duo & socks gift set - 90p, was £9
- Soap & Glory Spa of Wonder original pink travel collection gift set - £2, was £20
Here are some examples we spotted in store on Monday 13 March:
Let us know on Twitter if you spot any bargains in the Boots sale.
MSE weekly email
FREE weekly MoneySaving email
For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes simply sign up today – it's spam-free!
Via Advantage card app for the whole month of your birthdayOngoing
If you're a member of the Boots Advantage Card* scheme, check your email on the first of the month of your birthday, and you should receive information on how to claim double points for your birthday month via the Boots app*.
You'll need to add the promotion manually to your Advantage Card via the app before swiping it in store, or you won't get your double birthday points.
The birthday double points are not valid on infant milks, prescriptions, postage stamps, giftcards or travel/insurance/opticians/hearing care/kitchen appliances or plastic bags.
Boots Advantage cardholders aged 60 or over can get eight Advantage Card points per £1 spent (usually four per £1) on Boots branded products by signing up to Boots Health Club*.
Once registered, you'll be sent a printable voucher via email to show in-store, with your Advantage card, for the extra points.
There are always ways to save money at Boots*, so even if there isn’t a cracking deal out there that works for you, don’t assume you can’t cut your costs.
Ways to save include:
- Exclusive offers for Advantage Card customers. If you sign up to the Boots Advantage Card* it will allow you access to personalised coupons and discounts via the Boots app* (available on iOS and Android only), as well as let you know about promotional offers such as regular triple points events and competitions.
- Coupons, cashback and freebies. Look out for coupons/freebies with products, such as around the neck of liquid soap bottles, or online for coupons and cashback to save on your shopping (see our regularly updated coupons list). Make sure you look out for coupons in store inside the free (to Advantage Card holders, £1 otherwise) Health & Beauty magazine, or freebies attached to the magazine cover as well as coupons from the till, such as £5 off No 7.
- Check out similar retailers, eg, Superdrug. If you’re not committed to buying from Boots, check out our deals from Superdrug where they may have a better offer.
- Had a problem with Boots? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Boots*.
If you spot any hot deals out there we have missed (we are human after all!), please let us know in the MSE forum, email us, or via Twitter @MSE_Deals.
If you have a Boots Advantage Card, you can get personalised offers and discounts at Boots* by downloading the Boots app. The offers vary for each person, as they are tailored to your shopping habits.
How to get the app and offers
- Download the Boots app* via the App Store or Google Play.
- Go to 'My offers' and sign in using your Advantage Card number. This links your card to the app and you can then select offers by loading them onto your card.
- Choose the offers you'd like to use in 'Offers just for me' and select 'Load offer to Advantage Card'.
- Next time you use your Advantage Card, the cashier or self-checkout will ask you if you want to use the offer in that transaction.
What can I get?
These are some examples of offers we've seen when trying the app (of course as the offers are personalised, not everyone will receive the same ones):
- £1.50 off when you spend £15 or more in a single transaction
- 20% off a shower gel or body wash
- 100 points when you buy two or more shampoo or conditioner products
Latest Expired Deals
Boots 'up to 50% off' sale
Across beauty, fragrance & gift sets. Likely to boost late JanuaryExpired
Start date (online): It started on Friday 23 December
Start date (in store): Boxing Day
Sale strength: Up to 50% off
Likely to boost? Boots normally boosts its 'up to 50% off' sale to 'up to 70% off' in stores only at the end of January/beginning of February, so we're expecting it to happen again around the same time.
Good deals we found on Friday 23 December include:
- Clarins Double Serum 75ml* - £88.40 (was £104). Next cheapest we found, £104 at Sephora
- Fitbit Sense 2 Blue Mist* - £179.99 (was £269). Next cheapest we found, £199.99 at Currys*
Not so hot deals:
- BaByliss Hair Straightener Berry Crush* - £42.50 (was £85). CHEAPER ELSEWHERE £29 at Debenhams
- Braun Series 3 Shave&Style 310BT Electric Shaver, Wet & Dry Razor for Men, Black/Blue - £39.99 (was £59.99). CHEAPER ELSEWHERE £33.99 at Currys*
As with any sale, stock is likely to be limited, so go quick if there's something you fancy. Don't assume Boots is always cheapest, even in its sales - do your own price comparisons before buying.
£138 of No7 skincare for £41
Boots 'Star Gift' including day cream, night cream, cleansers and moreExpired
If you go online to Boots* or into a store (find your nearest*) you can get the No7 'The Ultimate Skincare Collection' 10-piece set for £41, down from its usual £85. The set is available at this price until Saturday 24 December, while stocks last. Delivery's free, as is click and collect.
This was discounted down to £41 back in October as part of the annual Boots 'Star Gift' Christmas offers, which are popular with MoneySavers and in the MSE Forum each year – and Boots has now reduced the price again.
Each week, Boots releases an offer on a different gift product in the lead up to Christmas. For similar offers, see our Cheap make-up and beauty deals page.
Boots says the contents of this set are worth £138 if bought separately, and it's made up of:
- 'Protect & Perfect' Intense Advanced day cream SPF 15, 50ml (full-size) – £24.95
- 'Protect & Perfect' Intense Advanced night cream, 50ml (full-size) – £24.95
- 'Protect & Perfect' Advanced eye cream, 15ml (full-size) – £17.95
- 'Protect & Perfect' lip care, 10ml (full-size) – £9.95
- 'Lift and Luminate' primer, 30ml (full-size) – £17.95
- 'Protect & Perfect' intense advanced cleansing water, 200ml (full-size) – £12.95
- Biodegradable cleansing wipes, 30 wipes (full-size) – £4.95
- 'Radiance+' daily energising exfoliating cleanser, 100ml (full-size) – £12.95
- 'Total Renewal' micro-dermabrasion exfoliator, 75ml (full-size) – £9.95
- 'Protect & Perfect' intense advanced serum, 5ml (mini) – worth £2.66 based on full-size 75ml version
- 'Protect & Perfect' Intense Advanced day cream SPF 15, 50ml (full-size) – £24.95