0 Current Deals
You can get school uniform items (ages 3-16) online or in store (find your nearest*) from £7 at John Lewis*. Standard delivery's £3.50, or you can click and collect from £2. Many of the cheapest items are now running low in stock, so there's no guarantee that you'll be able to find the sizes or items you're after.
What can you get?
Prices vary depending on size.
There are always ways you can save money at John Lewis*, so even if there isn't a cracking deal out there that works for you, don't assume you can't cut your costs further.
Ways to save money at John Lewis include:
- £2 Click & Collect. Save on delivery if you're spending less than £50 by collecting your items from a store (find your nearest*). Orders of £50+ get free delivery, and £30+ orders get free Click & Collect.
- Try haggling. We polled 1,400 MoneySavers to see in which shops they had most success haggling, and John Lewis shoppers had a success rate of 72% - so it's definitely worth a try if you're feeling brave. Read our Haggle on the High Street guide for more haggling tips.
- Shop in the sale. John Lewis has a few sales throughout the year which usually range from 'up to 20% off' to 'up to 70% off'. Sadly, from Feb 2022 you won't be able to price match if you find an item cheaper elsewhere as John Lewis has scrapped its 'never knowingly undersold' price promise. Always make sure you compare prices online with other department stores like Debenhams and House of Fraser before you buy.
- Check similar retailers, eg, Debenhams, House of Fraser. If you're not committed to buying from John Lewis, check for deals from other department stores such as Debenhams, House of Fraser and Selfridges, where you may find there's a better offer.
- Had a problem with John Lewis? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to John Lewis*.
Latest Expired Deals
John Lewis 'up to 60% off' sale
Includes home, fashion, furniture and more. Could boost to 'up to 70% off'Expired
Website: John Lewis*
Start date (online): It started at 5pm on Christmas Eve
Start date (in store): Tuesday 27 December
Sale strength: 60% off selected fashion, 50% off home, 30% off beauty, and deals across tech and kids.
Likely to boost? Yes – as of Monday 9 January, this sale boosted to 'up to 60% off' both online and in store.
As it's a sale, stock is likely to be limited, so go quick if there's something you're after.
Don't assume John Lewis is cheapest even in a sale. Always do your own price comparison to be sure you're getting the best deal.
John Lewis discounts on hundreds of items
Including £325 Dyson vacuum (was £429)Expired
If you go online or in store to John Lewis*, you can get discounts 'up to 40% off' on hundreds of items across electrical, home, fashion, beauty, toys and more for Black Friday from Friday 4 November until 11.59pm on Thursday 1 December. Although more specific offers may end sooner than this, so go quick if you're after something. Delivery's £3.50, or free if you're spending £50 or more.
Also, any item bought from now until Saturday 24 December can be returned up until Friday 28 January 2023. While its 'Never Knowingly Undersold' price match policy ceased to exist in August this year, it still appears to match online retailers, such as Amazon, Argos and Currys.
Something to consider – if the price is the same as at other retailers, John Lewis often includes an extended warranty in the price, such as a five-year guarantee on TVs and two-year guarantees on electricals, compared to the standard one-year warranty offered by most other retailers.
Examples of some deals, both good and bad, spotted at John Lewis 8.27am on Friday 25 November:
- Nespresso Vertuo Next Coffee Machine by KRUPS* – OUT OF STOCK £79 (was £149) Cheaper at Amazon* for £73.49
- Dyson V10 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner* – £325 (was £429) Next cheapest £329 at Currys*
- Samsung QE55Q80B (2022) QLED HDR 1500 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55 inch* – £789 (was £999) Same price at Argos*
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium eau de parfum (150ml)* – OUT OF STOCK £115.20. Cheaper at Look Fantastic for £100.80
Important: Don’t allow yourself to be taken in by the hype around Black Friday and be sucked into buying something you don’t need or can’t afford. Always do your own price comparisons to ensure you are getting the best deal possible – don’t just take a retailer’s word for it.