John Lewis deals
0 Current Deals
Website: John Lewis*
Find your nearest: Store locator*
Start date (online): 5pm on Christmas Eve.
Start date (in stores): Fri 27 Dec.
Sale strength: 'Up to 50% off' clearance sale including womenswear, menswear, electricals, home & garden, and sports & leisure. John Lewis also matches high street competitors' reductions.
Likely to boost? Last year on Thu 10 Jan, John Lewis added further reductions to its clearance, where we found discounts of up to 70% off.
Looking for other sales? Visit our January sales page.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
You can get a full school uniform (ages 3-16) at John Lewis* from £23 online and in stores. Delivery's £3.50 and Click & Collect from selected John Lewis and Waitrose stores is £2.
When we looked on Tue 2 July, selected uniform items were reduced in the John Lewis sale - so you may find you can stock up for slightly less.
What do you get?
Prices vary depending on size.
If one of John Lewis's 'unnamed competitors' - such as House of Fraser or Debenhams - is running a sale, you can bet John Lewis* will be price-matching it.
It's all part of its "never knowingly undersold" policy and we've found the best way to find these deals is to go to its offers page*, as there are often hidden discounts John Lewis won't always advertise.
Delivery's £3.50 and click and collect (find your nearest*) costs £2, so do bear that in mind if its competitor offers free click and collect as you may be able to get it cheaper there.
It's worth noting that John Lewis only price matches items that are exactly the same as its competitors, and it's always best to do your own price comparisons before you buy.
The MSE new team recently discovered John Lewis is sometimes "knowingly undersold" (read the full story here) - so make sure you inform it if you do see a product you've already bought there cheaper elsewhere and it should issue you a 'price-match refund'.
There are always ways you can save money at John Lewis*, so even if there isn't a cracking deal out there that works for you, don't assume you can't cut your costs further.
Ways to save money at John Lewis include:
- £2 Click & Collect. Save on delivery if you're spending less than £50 by collecting your items from a store (find your nearest*). Orders of £50+ get free delivery, and £30+ orders get free Click & Collect.
- Try haggling. We polled 1,400 MoneySavers to see in which shops they had most success haggling, and John Lewis shoppers had a success rate of 72% - so it's definitely worth a try if you're feeling brave. Read our Haggle on the High Street guide for more haggling tips.
- Shop in the sale. John Lewis has a long history of price-matching its rivals, so watch out when Debenhams or House of Fraser has sales on, as chances are you’ll get similar discounts in John Lewis.
- Check similar retailers, eg, Debenhams, House of Fraser. If you're not committed to buying from John Lewis, check for deals from other department stores such as Debenhams, House of Fraser and Selfridges, where you may find there's a better offer.
- Had a problem with John Lewis? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to John Lewis*.
Latest Expired Deals
John Lewis 30% off Christmas decorations
Selected items including trees, lights and crackers
If you go online to John Lewis* or into a store, you can get 30% off Christmas decorations and accessories, including trees, tinsel, lights and crackers. Delivery's £3.50 or it's £2 to click and collect in store (find your nearest*).
While there are many cheaper shops where you can buy Christmas decorations, we know John Lewis is always a popular choice - so now may be a good time to pounce if you were planning to buy there anyway.
Some examples of discounts we spotted online at John Lewis on Mon 23 Dec:
- Assorted shatterproof baubles, tub of 30* - £8 (were £12)
- Six beauty Christmas crackers* - £25 (were £50)
- Six LED projector lights* - £28 (were £40)
For more reduced Christmas decorations, see M&S 30% off Christmas trees & decorations.
John Lewis discounts on hundreds of items
Incl £19 Google Home Mini (in store), £45 Philips Hue light, £299 Apple iPad 2019
High street retailer John Lewis* is offering discounts on hundreds of items across electrical, home, fashion, beauty, toys and more for Black Friday.
Its ‘Never Knowingly Undersold’ policy promises to price-match other retailers with a high street presence, but not online-only retailers. However in previous years, we've seen it also match online retailers during Black Friday.
Something to consider, if the price is the same as at other retailers, is the fact John Lewis often includes an extended warranty in the price, such as a five-year guarantee on TVs, compared to the standard one-or-two-year warranty offered by most other retailers. It’s certainly a strong contender to look out for on Black Friday 2019.
Examples of discounts spotted at 00.40am on Fri 29 Nov:
- Google Home Mini* - £19 (was £49) in store – £22.50 delivered if buying online. Also £19 at Google, AO.com* and Currys* including free delivery.
- Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation* - £33.60 when you collect in store for free (otherwise £37.10 delivered). Next cheapest we found, £37.80 at Debenhams.
- Philips Hue white ambiance LED bathroom spotlight* - £45.99 (was £74.99) when you collect in store for free (otherwise £48.49 delivered). Next cheapest we found, £74.99 at Amazon.
- Ring video doorbell pro* - £149 (RRP £229). Same price at Currys*, Amazon* and Argos*.
- Dyson AM09 hot + cool fan heater* - £299 (was £399). Next cheapest we found, £299.99 at Boots and Dyson.
- Apple iPad 10.2" A10 Wi-Fi, 32GB (2019)* - £299 with two-year warranty included. Same price at Currys* and Amazon*.
Not so hot deals
- Urban Decay Naked Reloaded eyeshadow palette - £30.40 (was £38). Found CHEAPER for £28.50 at Urban Decay.
We think it’s likely to add more deals on Black Friday itself – and the most popular items have sold out early in the morning in recent years, so if you spot something you want, you’ll have to move fast on Black Friday.
Important: Don’t allow yourself to be taken in by the hype around Black Friday and be sucked into buying something you don’t need or can’t afford. Always do your own price comparisons to ensure you are getting the best deal possible – don’t just take a retailer’s word for it.