Morrisons shopper? Christmas delivery slot bookings open this week – here's how to bag yours
Planning on having your Christmas food shop delivered from Morrisons? Get ready to bag your delivery slot as bookings open for delivery pass customers from this week. If you don't have a delivery pass, there's still time to sign up and bag an early slot before they open to everyone on Wednesday 25 October.
We've full info below. For help cutting the cost of your grocery bills, see our Supermarket shopping tips guide.
Morrisons Christmas delivery slots will be available for some from this week
Here's what we know so far:
- Bookings will open for delivery pass customers from Wednesday 18 October and from Wednesday 25 October for everyone else. If you don't have a delivery pass and want to sign up to bag the early slots, you've got up to and including Tuesday 17 October to do so.
An anytime delivery pass costs £8 a month, £45 for six months or £70 for a year, while a midweek delivery pass costs £5 a month, £25 for six months or £40 for a year.
Buying a pass upfront means you won't have to pay for delivery charges each time you order – but you'll need to weigh up whether this is worth it based on how often you do an online shop and how much you normally spend on delivery.
- You'll be able to book your slot online. Once they're released, you'll be able to get a slot via Morrisons.com or by using the Morrisons Groceries app, which is free to download on Android and iOS (note that this is separate from the Morrisons More loyalty scheme app).
- We don't yet know when Christmas click & collect slots will be made available. We've asked Morrisons to confirm when they will open for booking and we'll update this story when we know more. Last year collection slots were made available from 10 October.
- Christmas orders will be delivered between 20 and 24 December. We don't yet know when Christmas click & collect orders will be available, but we've asked Morrisons to confirm and will update this piece when we know more. Last year Christmas collection was made available between 21 and 24 December.
What to watch out for when booking Christmas supermarket delivery slots
- Get in quickly if you can. Slots have been taken fast in previous years. To find out when your chosen supermarket will open bookings, see our Supermarket shopping tips guide.
Check if you can edit orders. Many supermarkets let you make an unlimited number of changes to your order by certain deadlines. So, even if you're not sure what your final shopping list will be, it could be worth getting your order in with just a few items and making edits later.
Morrisons does let you make changes to your order, but the deadline depends on when you placed your order and the delivery slot you booked, so make sure to check your order confirmation email to find your order's cut-off time.
- Not all supermarkets release specific Christmas dates for orders. Some will just run their usual delivery services.
- Beware delivery fees. Most supermarkets will deliver up to and including Christmas Eve, though click and collect will invariably be cheaper than choosing a home delivery.
- Remember to factor in food costs, as these will vary by supermarket. You could try using a comparison tool, such as Trolley, to benchmark the cost of items at the major supermarkets, including Ocado, Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco and more. You can also use Trolley to set alerts for when the prices of your favourite items drop. For more ways to cut food bills, see our Supermarket shopping tips guide.
For more ways to reduce financial stress over the festive season, including banning unnecessary presents and free (or very cheap) ways to create Christmas magic for kids, see our 48 Christmas MoneySaving tips.