0 Current Deals
There are always ways to save money at Cineworld, so even if there isn’t a cracking deal out there that works for you, don’t assume you can’t cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Student discount. Cineworld says it offers a student discount at selected times - check online or call your nearest cinema to find out when you can get it. You'll need to show a valid NUS student ID.
- O2 Priority. O2 Priority sometimes offers deals for cinemas, such as discounts on tickets or free popcorn. Even if you're not on O2, you may be able to get a Cineworld deal - see our O2 Priority Moments for Everyone! guide to find out how.
- Check out Odeon, Vue and any other major cinemas. If you're able to visit another cinema near you, check out our Cheap Cinema Deals page for deals from other cinema chains, as they may have better offers.
- Had a problem with Cineworld? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Cineworld*.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
From Mon 22 Jul, the price of Cineworld's Unlimited membership will go up by 50p a month. That'll make it £18.40/month or £220.80/year. Cineworld tells us it's emailed or written to all existing members notifying them of the impending increase. Current members will remain on the £17.90/month tariff until their year of membership renews.
If you sign up online for Cineworld's Unlimited card for £17.90 a month, you can watch as many films as you want at its cinemas. It's £20.40 a month if you want to visit London's West End cinema in Leicester Square too.
This card should save you money if you normally see more than two films at the cinema a month. You'll also get 10% off food and drink at the cinema, though you're allowed to bring in your own cold food which will work out a lot cheaper. See 'More info' below for other offers you can get with an Unlimited card.
Important: If you choose to pay monthly, you'll be signing up to a minimum 12-month subscription. If you don't want to continue after the 12 months is up, make sure you mark it in your diary to cancel.
You can also pay a one-off charge of £214.80 for 12 months (£244.80 with West End), which works out the same as paying £17.90 a month for 12 months. This could work out better for you if you'd prefer not to sign up to a subscription.
If you collect Tesco Clubcard vouchers, you can exchange them for a 12-month Unlimited card if you've enough points – every £10 in vouchers gets £30 towards Cineworld Unlimited.
- The Unlimited card can be used with the Meerkat Movies 2for1 offer on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Your Unlimited card ticket counts as the paid-for ticket, which means the second ticket is free.
- 10% off all in-cinema food and drink (25% off for subscriptions over a year), and at 28 Starbucks licensed by Cineworld – see participating Starbucks. Just show your card at the counter and the discount will be applied.
- 25% off food at Pizza Hut, Frankie & Benny's and Chiquito any day when ordering a main meal. For Pizza Hut, the discount can't be used at Sheffield High Street, Coventry Precinct, Norwich Chapelfield, Trafford Retail Park and Jersey Waterfront. The 25% off is valid for dine-in only and a table of up to four people. For Frankie & Benny's and Chiquito, the 25% off is valid for a maximum table of six and can't be used with any other offers. Before using the Unlimited card offer, check our Restaurant deals page to see if there's a better offer available.
- If you recommend the Unlimited card to a friend and they sign up, you and your friend will both get a free month of membership. You'll need to request a unique referral code to do this, and the free month is added to the end of your subscription. You can refer a maximum of 12 friends, so you could get up to a year's Unlimited membership for free – see the full info on how it works.
If you use comparison website Compare The Market*, or if you've used it in the past year, you can get 2for1 cinema tickets* every Tuesday or Wednesday, as well as 2for1 restaurant meals* every Sunday to Thursday for 12 months from the date you use the site to get a credit card, loan or insurance, or switch energy, broadband, TV or phone provider.
The offer expires 12 months after the date of your purchase or switch, not 12 months from when you activate it. Note: Activation can take at least 48 hours, so you have to be patient and may struggle to set it up at last-minute.
How much do I have to spend?
Compare The Market isn't always the cheapest place to buy insurance (see our insurance guides for the top deals), but you can get Meerkat Movies & Meals by spending as little as £1ish on single-trip travel insurance for one person within the UK. For more on this trick, read our Meerkat Movies & Meals blog.
What do I get?
For cinema tickets, you're entitled to one voucher per week (so you can't go both days) and to get it you can either download the Meerkat app (iPhone and Android only) or log in at the website. You can then simply print the code or show it on your smartphone at the box office.
If you fancy an IMAX screening, want to upgrade to premium seats or see a 3D film, you'll be asked to pay the price difference between this and a standard cinema ticket.
For 2for1 meals, you can select a restaurant via the app when you want to dine out as many times as you like Sunday to Thursday (there are some exclusions such as Valentine's Day and Mother's Day) and you'll get 2for1 starters, mains and desserts.
Some restaurants require you to book in advance, while others you can just walk in and say you want to use the Meerkat Meals offer – you'll need to present your digital Meerkat Meals membership number via the app. Take a look at the Meerkat Meals site to see which restaurants near you* are participating.
Where can I use it?
Meerkat Movies is valid at most cinemas across the UK – the big chains (eg, Cineworld, Odeon and Vue) as well as lots of independents – but not all of them. If in doubt, check with your local cinema before turning up.
Meerkat Meals can be used at lots of branches of big chain restaurants such as Pizza Express, Zizzi and Pizza Hut as well as independents.
Important: 2for1 cinema tickets and meals should never be your reason for choosing a product like insurance. Use other sites to check it's a good deal and don't be swayed by freebies that could end up costing you a lot more in the long run.
To qualify for Meerkat Movies & Meals membership, you need to purchase one of the following products via Compare The Market: car, motorcycle, home, van, pet, landlord, life, home/content or travel insurance. You can also qualify by taking out a credit card or loan or switch energy, digital TV or broadband supplier.
You can only hold one Meerkat Movies & Meals membership in any 12-month period.
You can keep your nippers (and yourself) amused on weekend and school holiday mornings with Movies For Juniors kids’ films at Cineworld. It’s £2.50 per 2D showing for both adults and kids - so as long as there's at least one child (14 and under) in your group, the whole family pays the same price of £2.50 per person.
If booking online, there's a 70p per ticket booking fee. The offer's available on selected films only and will vary per cinema. See the Cineworld website for current listings.
Adults can't get this offer unless they are accompanied by a child. A child is classified as aged 14 or under, though films are aimed at under eight audiences.
Latest Expired Deals
Free Sunday cinema ticket with £2 of sweets
Including Cineworld, Showcase. Codes in promo packs of Maltesers, Starburst, etc.
The annual Sweet Sundays promotion is back. You can get a 'free' cinema ticket to use on a Sunday until 25 Aug at participating cinemas. You’ll need to buy promotional packs of certain chocolate and sweets, and enter codes online by 11.59pm TODAY.
If you're trying to avoid sugar, see our cheap cinema ticket deals round-up for offers on other days.
The ticket can be used on any 2D screenings at Cineworld, Picturehouse, Empire, Showcase, Merlin, Scott, Reel, WTW, Savoy, The Grosvenor, IMAX Playhouse or Moviehouse cinemas. Unfortunately, Odeon and Vue are not participating. Check 'More info' for excluded locations.
Look for special packs of M&M's, Maltesers, Minstrels, Milky Way, Galaxy, Revels, Starburst, and Skittles (see 'More info' for the full list) marked with 'Free cinema tickets on Sundays'.
Depending on the pack size, you'll see two or five stars. Collect 10 and exchange them for your free cinema ticket. That means you'll need to buy a minimum of two large packs (189g-268g) or five smaller packs (91g-165g).
How do I get the free cinema ticket for £2?
1. Purchase the specially marked packs of chocolate or sweets, which are available at most major supermarkets.
The cheapest options we've unearthed are 196g packs of Skittles Fruits on offer for £1 at Morrisons, and 152g packs of Skittles Crazy Sours on offer for £1 at Asda – pick up two packs (you can mix and match) and you'll get five stars on each pack, enough for a free cinema ticket.
2. Look inside the pack to find a code, which is made up of letters and numbers.
3. Register online at Sweet Sundays and enter the codes by 11.59pm on Wed 7 Aug.
3. Check your inbox for an email containing a cinema ticket voucher code.
4. Redeem your cinema ticket by Sun 25 Aug – show your voucher code at the box office or book online via the cinema's website. No booking fee will be charged, so long as you're not purchasing any standard tickets at the same time.
The offer is running on the following promotional packs:
- Maltesers - 93g standard pouch, 189g sharing pouch
- Galaxy Minstrels - 118g standard pouch, 240g sharing pouch
- Galaxy Counters - 112g standard pouch
- M&M's Choco - 125g standard pouch, 250g sharing pouch
- M&M's Peanut - 125g standard pouch, 268g sharing pouch
- M&M's Crispy - 107g standard pouch, 246g sharing pouch
- M&M's Mix - 125g standard pouch
- Milky Way Magic Stars - 91g standard pouch
- Revels - 101g standard pouch, 205g sharing pouch
- Maltesers Buttons - 93g standard pouch, 189g sharing pouch
- Skittles Fruits - 152g sharing pouch, 196g sharing pouch
- Skittles Chewies - 152g sharing pouch, 196g sharing pouch
- Skittles Sours - 152g sharing pouch, 196g sharing pouch
- Starburst Mini - 152g sharing pouch, 196g sharing pouch
- Starburst Original - 165g sharing pouch, 210g sharing pouch
Maximum of two free cinema tickets per person. Excludes advance screenings, premieres, 3D films, previews and premium seats. Can't be used with any other offer. Employees of the participating cinemas are not able to take advantage of the offer.
You can upgrade your ticket at Cineworld or Showcase cinemas for 3D, 4DX, Superscreen, IMAX, Dbox and Star Seating, but you'll need to pay an upgrade fee at the box office.
You can't use the 'free' cinema ticket at Cineworld Leicester Square, Cineworld The Screening Rooms Cheltenham, Cineworld IMAX Glasgow Science Centre and WTW The Regal Cinema Wadebridge.
Cineworld £3 IMAX movies for one day only at 19 cinemas
5 films incl Bohemian Rhapsody & Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse
On Sat 2 Mar, Cineworld is bringing back five recent blockbuster movies – including two Oscar winners – to the big screen at 19 participating IMAX cinemas (see below), and tickets are only £3. Normally IMAX movies can cost up to £25 depending on the cinema.
The movies you can see for one day only are Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse at 10am, Ready Player One at 12.40pm, Bohemian Rhapsody at 3.40pm, Deadpool 2 at 6.40pm and Mission Impossible Fallout at 9.20pm. Each movie has only one showing per cinema, so seats are limited – it could be best to book early in case showings sell out.
The £3 tickets are available for both adults and kids, and the price includes 3D glasses, where applicable.
You can either purchase your tickets at the cinema or online, but there’s a 70p booking fee per ticket online. This deal can't be used with Cineworld Unlimited, though if you're an Unlimited member you won't pay the online booking fee.
You'll be able to get this offer at Cineworld Ashton-under-Lyne, Basildon, Birmingham NEC, Birmingham Broad Street, Broughton, Cheltenham, Chichester, Crawley, Glasgow Science Centre, Hemel Hempstead, Ipswich, Leeds, London Enfield, London Leicester Square, Nottingham, Sheffield, Stevenage, Telford and Watford. Be sure to double-check times at your local cinema before you go.