0 Current Deals
You can get a 'free' cinema ticket to use on a Sunday until Sun 18 Nov at participating cinemas when you buy promotional chocolate pouches or blocks by Wed 31 Oct.
You can use the ticket on 2D screenings at Cineworld, Empire, Showcase, Picturehouse, Merlin, Moviehouse, Scott, Reel, WTW, Savoy or G1 cinemas, but unfortunately not Odeon or Vue. See 'More info' for a few excluded locations.
Look for special pouches of M&M's, Maltesers, Minstrels, Galaxy, Mars Bites, Milky Way Magic Stars, Snickers Bites, Twix Bites and Revels (see 'More info' for the full list) with 'Free cinema tickets on Sundays' printed on them - see the images.You need to buy two large pouches (173g-250g) or blocks (150g-200g), or five small pouches (91g-140g) or blocks (110g-135g) to get the 'free' ticket.
This is a good deal, especially if you're buying the sweets anyway, as a weekend cinema ticket normally costs up to £8ish-15ish – and for deals on other days of the week, see our Cheap Cinema Tickets page.
How do I get the free cinema ticket for £3?
You can buy the promotional chocolate at most major supermarkets, but to make the most of this deal, it's best to buy them when they're on offer, or at the lowest price available.
On Mon 17 Sep, here's where we've found you can buy a large pouch or block for £1.50 (the cheapest we've seen), and you'd just need to buy two to get a free cinema ticket, so £3 in total.
- £1.50 at Morrisons (standard price) - Galaxy Milk 200g, Maltesers 166g, Galaxy Minstrels 210g, M&M's Peanut 250g, M&M's Crispy 213g, Revels 173g, Maltesers Teasers 150g.
- £1.50 on offer at Asda - Maltesers 166g, Galaxy Minstrels 210g, M&M's Peanut 250g, M&M's Crispy 213g, Revels 173g.
- Two for £3 on offer at Iceland - Galaxy Minstrels 210g, Maltesers 166g, M&M's Peanut 250g, Revels 173g.
We've seen the smaller pouches on offer for £1 in some supermarkets, but you would need five of those, so £5, to get a free cinema ticket.
How do I get the 'free' ticket?
1. Find the code inside each pouch or block (it's a mix of 10 letters and numbers).
2. Register online at Sweet Sundays and enter your codes by 11.59pm on Wed 31 Oct – large pouches/blocks get five points, small pouches/blocks get two points. You need 10 points in total for a free ticket. Look at the front or back of the pack to see how many points you'll get.
3. You can choose to have your voucher emailed instantly, or posted to you which can take up to two weeks. It should also include instructions on how to book your ticket as it varies by cinema (see the full list of cinemas).
4. The vouchers can be used on 2D films at participating cinemas, any Sunday until 11.59pm on Sun 18 Nov. Vouchers can be redeemed online by entering an 'e-code' (there won't be a booking fee on free tickets), or at the cinema box office.
The offer is running on the following promotional packs:
- Maltesers 93g standard pouch and 166g More to share pouch
- Galaxy Minstrels 118g standard pouch and 210g More to share pouch
- Galaxy Counters 112g standard pouch
- M&M's Peanut 140g standard pouch and 250g More to share pouch
- M&M's Choco 133g standard pouch and 238g large More to share pouch
- M&M's Crispy 121g standard pouch and 213g More to Share pouch
- M&M's Mix 128g standard pouch
- Milky Way Magic Stars 91g standard pouch
- Revels 101g standard pouch and 173g More to share pouch
- Galaxy Milk 110g standard block and 200g More to share block
- Galaxy Caramel 135g standard block
- Mars Bites 119g standard pouch
- Snickers Bites 119g standard pouch
- Twix Bites 119g standard pouch
- Maltesers Teasers 150g More to share block
Maximum of two free cinema tickets per person. Excludes advance screenings, premieres, 3D films, previews and premium seats. Can't be used with any other offer.
You can upgrade your ticket at Cineworld or Showcase cinemas for 3D, 4DX, Superscreen, IMAX, Dbox and Star Seating, but you'll need to pay an upgrade fee at the box office.
You can't use the 'free' cinema ticket at Cineworld Leicester Square, Cineworld The Screening Rooms Cheltenham, Cineworld IMAX Glasgow Science Centre and WTW The Regal Cinema Wadebridge.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
There are always ways to save money at Cineworld, so even if there isn’t a cracking deal out there that works for you, don’t assume you can’t cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Student discount. Cineworld says it offers a student discount at selected times - check online or call your nearest cinema to find out when you can get it. You'll need to show a valid NUS student ID.
- Up to 40% off ticket prices with Tastecard+. Members of Tastecard+ can get up to 40% off at Cineworld. This is a decent saving if you're already a member, but if you're thinking of signing up, check first if it's worth it for you. See our Tastecard page for deals.
- O2 Priority. O2 Priority sometimes offers deals for cinemas, such as discounts on tickets or free popcorn. Even if you're not on O2, you may be able to get a Cineworld deal - see our O2 Priority Moments for Everyone! guide to find out how.
- Check out Odeon, Vue and any other major cinemas. If you're able to visit another cinema near you, check out our Cheap Cinema Deals page for deals from other cinema chains, as they may have better offers.
- Had a problem with Cineworld? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Cineworld*.
If you sign up online for Cineworld's Unlimited card for £17.90 a month, you can watch as many films as you want at its cinemas. It's £20.40 a month if you want to visit London's West End cinema in Leicester Square too.
This card should save you money if you normally see more than two films at the cinema a month. You'll also get 10% off food and drink at the cinema, though you're allowed to bring in your own cold food which will work out a lot cheaper. See below for other offers you can get with an Unlimited card.
Important: If you choose to pay monthly, you'll be signing up to a minimum 12-month subscription. If you don't want to continue after the 12 months is up, make sure you mark it in your diary to cancel.
You can also pay a one-off charge of £214.80 for 12 months (£244.80 with West End), which works out the same as paying £17.90 a month for 12 months. This could work out better for you if you'd prefer not to sign up to a subscription.
If you collect Tesco Clubcard vouchers, you can exchange them for a 12-month Unlimited card – see our Deals Hunters' blog to find out how.
Other offers you can get if you have a Cineworld Unlimited card
- The Unlimited card can be used with the Meerkat Movies 2for1 offer on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Your Unlimited card ticket counts as the paid-for ticket, which means the second ticket is free.
- 10% off all in-cinema food and drink (25% off for subscriptions over a year), and at 28 Starbucks licensed by Cineworld – see participating Starbucks. Just show your card at the counter and the discount will be applied.
- 25% off food at Pizza Hut, Frankie & Benny's and Chiquito any day when ordering a main meal. For Pizza Hut, the discount can't be used at Sheffield High Street, Coventry Precinct, Norwich Chapelfield, Trafford Retail Park and Jersey Waterfront. The 25% off is valid for dine-in only and a table of up to four people. For Frankie & Benny's and Chiquito, the 25% off is valid for a maximum table of six and can't be used with any other offers. Before using the Unlimited card offer, check our Restaurant deals page to see if there's a better offer available.
- If you recommend the Unlimited card to a friend and they sign up, you and your friend will both get a free month of membership. You'll need to request a unique referral code to do this, and the free month is added to the end of your subscription. You can refer a maximum of 12 friends, so you could get up to a year's Unlimited membership for free – see the full info on how it works.
If you use comparison website Compare The Market*, or if you've used it in the past year, you can get 2for1 cinema tickets every Tuesday or Wednesday for 12 months from the date you use the site to get a credit card, loan or insurance, or switch energy, broadband, TV or phone provider.
The offer expires 12 months after the date of your purchase or switch, not 12 months from when you activate it. Please note: activation can take at least 48 hours, so you'll have to be patient.
How much do I have to spend?
Compare The Market isn't always the cheapest place to buy insurance (see our insurance guides for the top deals), but you can get Meerkat Movies by spending as little as £1ish on single-trip travel insurance for one person within the UK. For more on this trick, read our Deals Hunters blog.
What do I get?
You're entitled to one voucher per week (so you can't go both days) and to get it you can either download the Meerkat Movies app (iPhone and Android only) or log in at the website. You can then simply print the code or show it on your smartphone at the box office.
If you fancy an IMAX screening, want to upgrade to premium seats or see a 3D film, you'll be asked to pay the price difference between this and a standard cinema ticket.
Where can I use it?
It's valid at most cinemas across the UK - the big chains (eg, Cineworld, Odeon and Vue) as well as lots of independents - but not all of them. If in doubt, check with your local cinema before turning up.
Important: 2for1 cinema tickets should never be your reason for choosing a product like insurance. Use other sites to check it's a good deal and don't be swayed by freebies that could end up costing you a lot more in the long run.
To qualify for Meerkat Movies membership, you need to purchase one of the following products via Compare The Market: car, motorcycle, home, van, pet, landlord, life, home/content or travel insurance. You can also qualify by taking out a credit card or loan or switch energy, digital TV or broadband supplier.
You can only hold one Meerkat Movies membership in any 12-month period, but if you purchase a second product whilst you have an active Meerkat Movies membership you can choose to claim a cuddly toy instead.
You can keep your nippers (and yourself) amused on weekend and school holiday mornings with Movies For Juniors kids’ films at Cineworld.
It’s £2.50 per 2D showing for both adults and kids. If booking online, there's a 70p per ticket booking fee.
The offer's available on selected films only and will vary per cinema. See website for current listings.
Adults can't get this offer unless they are accompanied by a child. A child is classified as aged 14 or under, though films are aimed at under eight audiences.
Latest Expired Deals
Cineworld £3 IMAX movies for one day only
See Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Beauty and the Beast, IT, Dunkirk or Thor: Ragnarok at 20 cinemas
On Sat 10 Mar, Cineworld is bringing back five recent blockbuster movies to the big screen at 20 participating IMAX cinemas (see below) – and tickets are only £3.
The movies which you can see for one day only are Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Beauty and the Beast, IT, Dunkirk and Thor: Ragnarok. Each movie has only one showing per cinema, except for Thor: Ragnarok which has two showings at some cinemas – so it could be best to book early in case showings sell out.
The £3 tickets are available for both adults and kids, and the price includes 3D glasses. You can either purchase your tickets at the cinema or online, but there’s a 70p booking fee per ticket online.
You'll be able to get this offer at Cineworld Ashton-under-Lyne, Basildon, Birmingham NEC, Birmingham Broad Street, Broughton, Castleford, Cheltenham, Chichester, Crawley, Edinburgh, Glasgow Science Centre, Hemel Hempstead, Ipswich, Leeds, London Enfield, London Leicester Square, Nottingham, Sheffield, Stevenage, and Telford. Be sure to check times at your local cinema before you go.
Free Sunday cinema ticket with £3 of choc
Look out for special packs of M&M's, Maltesers & more
You can get a 'free' cinema ticket on Sundays at participating cinemas when you buy promotional chocolate pouches before Thu 19 Oct. You can use it at Cineworld, Empire, Showcase and some independent cinemas, but not Odeon and Vue See the full list).
It’ll work if you buy special bags of M&M's, Maltesers, Minstrels, Galaxy Counters and Revels (see the full choice of sweets). You need to buy five small pouches/blocks (100-165g) or two large pouches/blocks (184-300g) to get the 'free' ticket. Make sure they have the Sweet Sundays promotion on them. See image below.
This is a good deal if you're buying the sweets anyway as the cinema ticket normally costs £10ish
Where can I buy the Sweet Sundays pouches and how do I get them from £3?
You can buy the promotional chocolate pouches at most major supermarkets, but to make the most of this deal, it's best to buy them when they're on offer, or at the lowest price available.
The cheapest we've found is the large Teasers blocks for £1.50 at Sainsbury’s, which would mean a £3 spend on two blocks would get your ticket.
How do I get the 'free' ticket?
1. Find the code at the bottom of each bag/block.
2. Register online at Sweet Sundays and enter your codes - large bags/blocks get five points, small bags/blocks get two points. You need 10 points for a free ticket. Look at the back of the pack to see how many points you'll get.
3. You can choose to have your voucher emailed or posted to you, which can take up to two weeks. It should also include instructions on how to book your ticket as it varies by cinema (see the full list of cinemas).
4. The vouchers can be used on any 2D film at participating cinemas, every Sunday until 11.59pm on Sun 12 Nov. Vouchers can be redeemed online by entering an e-code, or at the cinema box office
Valid on 2D screenings on Sundays only. Max two free cinema tickets per person. Excludes advance screenings, premieres, 3D films, previews and premium seats. Can't be used with any other offer.
You can upgrade your ticket at Cineworld or Showcase cinemas for 3D, 4DX, Superscreen, IMAX, Dbox and Star Seating, but you'll need to pay a fee at the box office.