Tesco brings back 12-month delivery pass and launches cheaper click and collect pass – here’s how they compare
Tesco has reintroduced its 12-month delivery saver plan, which comes with the choice of off-peak or anytime delivery. The supermarket has also launched a new, cheaper click and collect option for users of its six-month delivery pass. Below are all the details and how the passes stack up.
Delivery saver passes help to reduce the cost of online shopping with users paying either a monthly or one-off upfront fee to cover the cost of home deliveries If you order regularly to your home, it can be cheaper than paying a delivery charge each time you shop.
Tesco charges anywhere between £3.50 and £7 for a one-off delivery slot, but it introduced the following new passes for shoppers on 28 June:
- A 12-month HOME DELIVERY pass costing £83.88 a year or £6.99 a month for anytime delivery, or £47.88 a year or £3.99 a month for off-peak delivery. Tesco previously offered a 12-month home delivery pass at the same prices but stopped it during the coronavirus pandemic.
- A six-month CLICK AND COLLECT delivery pass costing £14.94 upfront or £2.49 a month, which allows you to pick up orders in store at any chosen time. Tesco will also continue to offer its six-month home delivery pass for anytime and off-peak delivery at the same prices (see below for the details). Tesco does not currently offer 12-month click and collect delivery passes.
The minimum spend on all of Tesco's delivery passes will remain at £40, with pass holders able to get up to one delivery per day if they so wish.
For more ways to slash your shopping bill, see our Supermarket shopping tips guide.
Here's how Tesco's delivery passes compare to other major supermarkets
The table below details how Tesco's new delivery passes compare to Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury's. But here is the info in brief:
- For an annual anytime pass, Morrisons is currently cheapest at £65.
- Tesco is the only supermarket offering a click and collect delivery pass.
- For a monthly mid-week delivery pass, Sainsbury's is cheapest at £4.
|Supermarket||Monthly pass||Six-month pass||12-month pass||Minimum spend||Next day delivery|
|Asda (i)||- No monthly option||N/A||
- Anytime delivery: £6/month or £72 upfront
- No monthly option
- Click & collect: £2.49 a month or £14.94 upfront
-Anytime delivery: from £6.99/month or £83.88 upfront
- Anytime delivery: £8
- Anytime delivery: £40
- Anytime delivery: £65
- Anytime delivery: £7.50
|Anytime delivery: £40||
- Anytime delivery: £80