Tesco shopper? Urgently spend or extend £16 million of expiring Clubcard vouchers
Tesco Clubcard holders need to urgently spend £16 million worth of vouchers before they expire on Thursday 30 November. Alternatively, if you'd rather hang on to the vouchers, we've got a trick to extend their validity.
Below, we set out everything you need to know. To find out how to get the most out of Tesco's loyalty scheme, see our Clubcard reclaim and boost guide.
How to check if your Clubcard vouchers are due to expire – and find missing vouchers
Clubcard vouchers are only valid for two years from the date they were issued (unless you extend them using our trick – see below). If you're unsure when yours expire and you've still got them in paper format, check the date on the voucher itself.
If you've lost your paper vouchers, or are unsure if you have any in the first place, you can check on the Tesco Clubcard site or app. Here's how:
- To check online, go to the Tesco Clubcard website, select 'Clubcard account' and then 'Vouchers'. You'll need to be registered for a Tesco.com account and must know your Clubcard number, which is printed on Clubcards and Clubcard key fobs. You should then be able to see a table listing your available vouchers and their expiry dates.
- To check on the app, open it up (if you don't have it, you can download it for free through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store), then go to 'Clubcard' and then to the 'Vouchers' section.
You can double the value of vouchers when you spend them at Tesco's 'Reward Partners'
Once you've found your vouchers, you can spend them online at Tesco using the code provided – or if you plan to spend them in store, you can print your vouchers or scan the barcode available on the app at the checkout.
Alternatively, you can double the value of your vouchers by spending them at Tesco's 'Reward Partners', such as Disney+, Legoland and Café Rouge. For example, 500 points are usually worth £5 to spend at Tesco – but if you exchange your vouchers for codes to spend with a Reward Partner, 500 points become £10.
Clubcard holders were previously able to swap vouchers for triple their value, but Tesco slashed their value to double this summer.
For more on how to make the most of your points, see our Boost Clubcard vouchers guide.
- Make a small purchase on the Tesco Clubcard Rewards page (not in store or on other Tesco pages) or donate to one of its partnered charities. The remaining balance is credited back to your Clubcard account as points. So if you spend 50p using a £10 Clubcard voucher, you'll get 950 points back (worth £9.50).
- You can then swap your points for vouchers manually or wait for them to be converted with your next statement. The expiry date for these new vouchers will be two years in the future.
- There's no minimum spend, but the aim's to shell out as little as possible. A good option might be a 50p restaurant voucher (worth £1 at your chosen restaurant).
You'll need to do this for each individual voucher, so it's worth weighing up if it's actually worth it for smaller denominations. For example, if you've a £10 voucher it's probably worth it. If you've got a handful of £1 vouchers, maybe less so.