Robo-investment cashback deals
Invest in funds & get cashback
Robo-funds are far simpler than normal investing, but you're tied to a 'portfolio' of funds. We think this is somewhat restrictive, though sometimes these robo-funds offer cashback, giving you a head start over other funds.
Without the cashback, they're fighting against other standard investments, and we'd always tell you to look for lower fees and a bigger choice. But this cashback provides a good starting point and other products would do very well to beat it.
MoneySavingExpert.com's speciality is not what to invest in – we only look at these as deals, as we can't tell you what is going to be a good or bad investment. So the most important thing to understand is:
We're not saying to go for these funds – we're just saying that if you're planning to anyway, then make sure you get the cashback.
The five robo-investing need-to-knows
Before you get started, here are five things you should know about robo-investing.
1. With robo-investment firms you can't pick your own selection of funds. Instead, your money will be invested in a basket of funds selected by the robo-provider and based on your risk profile (the firm will ask you a number of questions when you sign up to assess the level of risk you're willing to take).
2. Always keep an eye on fees. Because even small fees year after year can eat into your investment.
3. The bigger the investment, the less the cashback will matter. If you invest more than the minimum needed to receive the cashback, do remember that you'll be more reliant on market movements to boost your returns in relation to the cashback.
4. ALWAYS remember that the value of your investment can go up as well as down. As with any investments, the value of your funds can go down as well as up, and while it's unlikely, you could lose all your money.
5. Don't forget your ISA allowance. If you want to open an ISA, remember that everyone in the UK aged 18+ has a £20,000 ISA allowance for 2022/23.
For more options, see our Stocks & shares ISAs guide. You can only contribute to one stocks & shares ISA each tax year.
Current robo-investment cashback deals
Unfortunately, there aren't currently any robo-investment cashback deals to bring you. Sign up to our weekly newsletter to find out when the next one becomes available.
Warning. Investments can go down as well as up in value
There are no guarantees when you invest in the stock market, and your money can go up as well as down in value.
We can't tell you whether investing is right for you, but if you are going to do it, it's recommended you invest for at least five years. This is because the longer you invest for, the longer you have to ride out any bumps along the way.
Clever ways to calculate your finances