Robo-investment cashback deals
Invest in funds & get cashback
Robo-funds are being heavily advertised. They're far simpler than normal investing but you're tied to a 'portfolio' of funds. We think this is somewhat restrictive. However, sometimes these robo-funds offer cashback via a special link when you invest, which'll get you a head start over other funds.
Without the cashback, they're fighting against other standard investments, and we'd always tell you to look for lower fees and a bigger choice. But this cashback is equivalent to up to a 10% head start, other products would need to do very well to beat them.
MoneySavingExpert.com's speciality is not what to invest in – we only look at these as deals, as we can't tell you what is going to be a good or bad investment. So the most important thing to understand is:
We're not saying to go for these funds – we're just saying that if you're going to go for these anyway, then make sure you get the cashback.
The five robo-investing need-to-knows
Before you get started, here are five things you should know about robo-investing.
1. With robo-investment firms you can't pick your own selection of funds. Instead, your money will be invested in a basket of funds selected by the robo-provider and based on your risk profile (the firm will ask you a number of questions when you sign up to assess the level of risk you're willing to take).
2. Always keep an eye on fees. Because even small fees year after year can eat into your investment.
3. The bigger the investment, the less the cashback will matter. If you invest more than the minimum needed to receive the cashback, do remember that you'll be more reliant on market movements to boost your returns in relation to the cashback.
4. ALWAYS remember that the value of your investment can go up as well as down. As with any investments, the value of your funds can go down as well as up, and while it's unlikely, you could lose all your money.
5. Don't forget your ISA allowance. If you want to open an ISA, remember that everyone in the UK aged 18+ has a £20,000 ISA allowance for 2021/22.
For more options, see our Stocks & Shares ISAs guide. You can only contribute to one stocks & shares ISA each tax year.
Current robo-investment cashback deals
Sadly there are no current robo-investment cashback deals available. If you've not already, it's worth signing up to our Weekly Money Tips email below to be notified next time there's a decent deal.
Warning. Investments can go down as well as up in value
There are no guarantees when you invest in the stock market, and your money can go up as well as down in value.
We can't tell you whether investing is right or you, but if you are going to do it, it's recommended you invest for at least five years. This is because the longer you invest for, the longer you have to ride out any bumps along the way.
Annual platform fee: 0.6%
This deal closed on Friday 15 October. We've left the details here for reference, for those that did sign up.
To qualify, pay in £400+ by 15 December 2021 – either in one go or building it up monthly (min pay-in £1). Once you've £400 in the account, you'll need to keep it there for six months to get the cashback. Do that and £40 is then paid within 30 days (usually into your investment account).
You'll be investing in a fully managed portfolio of funds based on the level of risk you're willing to take (Wealthify will ask you a few questions to assess your risk profile).
Clever ways to calculate your finances