Barclaycard has launched a free shopping service which gives all shoppers, not just Barclaycard customers, access to over 5,000 special offers, though many are bog-standard deals available elsewhere.
Bespoke Offers allows consumers to search for money-off vouchers and special deals at high street chains including Tesco, Starbucks, Odeon and House of Fraser.
Barclaycard claims Bespoke Offers could save the average UK household up to £2,100 every year. (Check out our High Street Sales guide and Discount Vouchers pages for a round-up of the top deals.)
However, we want to see more evidence of top deals before raving about it.
Some of the exclusive offers available include:
- 5p per litre off any fuel at Shell garages. You can download as many vouchers as you like and use each one on separate visits before 31 May.
- A £10 Starbucks gift voucher for £5, available until 12 July.
- 25% off a £50 H Samuel gift voucher, until 8 June.
But there are also some bog-standard offers which are widely available elsewhere. For example:
- 25% off main courses at PizzaExpress. This is available on PizzaExpress's website.
- 25% off your food bill at Strada. You can get this on Strada's site, as well as up to 30% off.
- £10 off £50 spend on baby & nursery items at Tesco Direct, also available on money.co.uk.
MoneySavingExpert.com deals analyst Deborah Heston says: "It looks like Barclaycard is jumping on the deals bandwagon with a mixture of exclusive deals such as £10 at Starbucks for £5, and generic deals open to all such as 25% off Pizza Express.
"The current exclusives look decent but we'll have to wait to see if it can beat the competition to bag some really cracking original offers."
Barclaycard reckons around 70% of deals on Bespoke Offers are exclusive, but adds its emphasis is more on providing relevant, personalised offers.