0 Current Deals
If you want to save money at Audible, here are some tips and tricks:
- Free audiobook. If you're new to Audible, you can take advantage of its 30-day free trial to get a free audiobook (which you can keep). Make sure you mark in your diary to cancel if you don't want to continue with your subscription, otherwise you'll be charged £7.99/month.
- Consider buying a membership. If you listen to a lot of audiobooks, consider whether subscribing to a membership plan is worth it for you. The cheapest plan is £7.99/month, and gets you one credit each month, which you can exchange for any single-volume audiobook. As many audiobooks cost around £20-£30, this could be a decent saving.
- Listen to free samples. Before you commit to buying an audiobook, listen to a free sample online at Audible. If you've bought a book and not enjoyed it, you can also return it for a refund up to 12 months afterwards.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
Latest Expired Deals
Audible two free audiobooks (four if you've Prime)
Newbies only. When you sign up to a cancellable free trial
If you sign up to an Audible* free 30-day trial via this link before 10am on Mon 29 Apr, you can get two completely free audiobooks of your choice. Amazon Prime members can get a 90-day trial and four free audiobooks (see below).
Important: After your trial ends, you'll be automatically enrolled into a monthly subscription and be charged £7.99/month unless you cancel online*, so remember to cancel if you don't want to keep it – you can do this anytime during your trial, and you'll get to keep any audiobooks you've downloaded to your device.
The offer is available for anyone who's not had an Audible subscription, including a free trial, in the last 12 months.
If you've got a Kindle and prefer e-books, see MSE Jenny's MoneySaving tricks to get must-read Kindle books for FREE blog.
How does Audible work?
When you sign up for an Audible account, you get one free credit each month which you can use to purchase any audiobook available at Audible.co.uk or Amazon.co.uk – though with this offer you'll get two credits/audiobooks rather than the usual one – see 'More info' below for full T&Cs.
Once you've chosen your book, you can download it to your device via the Audible app, where it's yours to keep, even if you cancel your subscription.
Amazon Prime customer?
If you're an Amazon Prime customer, you'll get a 90-day free trial. You'll receive two credits when you open your Audible account, plus one credit at the beginning of each two remaining months on your free trial – so a total of four free books over the 90-day period.
We've checked with Amazon and sadly you can't get the four books for free if you sign up for an Amazon Prime free trial alongside the Audible trial - you'd have to pay for Amazon Prime for the second and third months of the Audible trial to receive the third and fourth free audiobooks.
Amazon has told us that the two free credits should appear in your Audible account within five minutes.
You'll need to enter your bank details to set up a direct debit, but you won't be charged a subscription fee until after the free trial period. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
If you cancel your subscription, you'll still be able to keep any audiobooks you've downloaded to your account. However, if you've not used your credits to purchase any audiobooks, you'll lose these credits if you cancel your subscription.
There are no exclusions with which books you can purchase with your credits – they just have to be purchased from Audible.co.uk or Amazon.co.uk.
FREE e-books or audiobooks
Incl The Break by Marian Keyes. Norm £30+
You can permanently download nine books for free until Sun 31 Dec (see titles included below), which can be read on Kindles, e-readers, IOS and Android devices and listened to on any media player (iTunes, Windows, Google Play or via the Bookchoice app).
You don't need to enter any card details, these are totally free. We worked out that the nine audiobooks available would cost roughly £30+ if you bought them for a Kindle device from Amazon - so if you like reading, this one's a no-brainer.
How to get 9 free books
- Go online to e-book and audiobook platform Bookchoice via this link - the MSE Blagged code MS1M18 should be automatically entered - before Sun 31 Dec. You'll need to log in or sign up, using your name and email address - Bookchoice told us that it won't share your details, but you'll receive its marketing emails (you can cancel these later if you want to).
- All nine books will then be available for permanent download until Wed 31 Jan. For e-books, select whether you want each title for 'kindle' or 'all other devices', then click download. For audiobooks, just click download.
- Bookchoice gives instructions on how to read its audiobooks on different devices in its FAQs.
Nine books included:
We’ve listed what you’ll get below, as well as the price you’d pay for the Kindle version at Amazon on Tue 19 Dec.
- The Break by Marian Keyes - audio version only.
- Days Without End by Sebastian Barry - £3.80 for the Kindle version at Amazon.
- Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik - £1.89 for the Kindle version at Amazon.
- After the Bloom by Leslie Shimotakahara - £5.62 for the Kindle version at Amazon.
- Ice Diaries by Jean McNeil - £9.59 for the Kindle version at Amazon.
- It Was You by Jo Platt - £1.99 for the Kindle version at Amazon.
- Bird in a Cage by Frédéric Dard - £4.74 for the Kindle version at Amazon.
- The Conjoined by Jen Sookfong Lee - £5.72 for the Kindle version at Amazon.
- Nomad by James Swallow - e-book only - 98p for the Kindle version at Amazon.