Chiltern Railways Deals
0 Current Deals
Up to four adults can travel on a Groupsave ticket via Chiltern Railways but only two adults need to pay. It's only valid on off-peak returns (after 9.30am Mon-Fri) and off-peak day Travelcards.
What's more, in addition to the four adults, up to four children aged 15 and under can travel for £1 each and under-5s go free.
This is an ongoing offer which can be booked online (you'll see the letter 'G' for the group booking), at your nearest station's ticket office or by calling 08456 005 165.
There's no need to book in advance but you all need to be travelling at the same time.
This offer's not valid with any other discounts, including railcards. GroupSave isn't available to buy from stations run by London Underground.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
IMPORTANT - THIS DEAL HAS EXPIRED
This deal has expired - you can't get it any more. We've kept it here for reference.
Free travel for London Marathon runners
No need to buy a ticket, just show your race number to staff
Sometimes getting to the London Marathon can be as tough as the race itself, but one bonus of being a runner is you can get free public transport on most services within London and on some services to and from the capital on race day.
Here's a list of services giving marathon runners (but not spectators) free travel on Sun 23 Apr. You don't need to get a ticket, just show your race number to staff.
- Transport for London - runners can travel for free on London Underground, London buses, London Overground, DLR and trams until 6.30pm. If you're a race official or on-duty St John Ambulance volunteer you can also travel for free on these services by showing your officials' course pass or tabard.
- Southeastern - runners get free travel from Cannon Street to the start lines at Greenwich or Maze Hill, and from London Bridge, Charing Cross, Waterloo East, Victoria or Lewisham to the start line at Blackheath.
- c2c - runners get free travel between Essex and London.
- Chiltern Railways - runners get free travel on London Marylebone services.
- Oxford Tube - runners get free travel on coaches between Oxford and London on Sat 22 Apr (if you're travelling down the day before the race) and Sun 23 Apr. Show your race number to the driver.
- Oxford Bus Company - runners can travel free on the X90 coach service between Oxford and London.
Chiltern Railways London to Birmingham 25p each way
Pay 50p for a return, but journeys MUST START in London
Go via this special Chiltern Railways link to book 25p each way (50p return) tickets for journeys from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street only (excludes journeys starting from Birmingham).
There are 19,000 return tickets (38,000 singles) available and the offer's valid for Mon - Sat journeys between Mon 10 Mar and Sat 5 Apr (but not Sat 22 Mar), though you need to book by Fri 4 Apr. The majority are off-peak tickets, however there are some peak time tickets available too.
The offer will be appearing in the London Evening Standard but Chiltern Railways says there's no need to pick up the paper to get the 25p train ticket - just go via the link above.
Not valid on journeys starting from Birmingham. Excludes Sat 22 Mar. Valid on standard class tickets only. If the tickets are sold out, the normal rate will be shown. No break of journey is allowed in either direction and no further discounts are allowed.