Christmas food & drink Deals
0 Current Deals
We don't currently have any Christmas food & drink deals.
Latest Expired Deals
New Year booze round-up
Incl £4 prosecco
All the major supermarkets will be clamouring for your attention this New Year, with lots of special offers on alcohol. In particular, we’ve found some corking deals on prosecco and champagne starting from £4 and £10 respectively.
Many of these deals will last into January, subject to stock, but we'll update you as regularly as we can when new offers come up. Below is our full round-up of booze offers that have caught our eye so far from all the main supermarkets – including prosecco, champagne, beer, wine, spirits and liqueurs. Prices correct at 2pm on Thu 1 Jan…
Champagne & prosecco
Here are the cheapest 750ml bottles of champagne and prosecco in each of the main supermarkets:
Keep an eye out for multi-buy deals at the various supermarkets too. Asda recently ran a 'buy six wines, save 25%' offer (now ended), and Tesco and Sainsbury's ran similar deals earlier in the season.
Beer, wine and port
- Mulled wine, own brand - £3 at Sainsbury's.
- Guinness cans x4 - £4.25 at Aldi and Asda*. Also two for £9 at Tesco.
- Chilean Sauvignon Blanc - £4.35 at Tesco*. Not sold elsewhere, but similar at Sainsbury’s is £6 (was £7.50).
- Carlsberg bottles x12 - £8 at Asda*.
- Cockburn's Special Reserve Port - £8 (was £12) at Ocado.
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro bottles x12 - £12 (was £16.50) at Waitrose*.
- Brewdog 12 Beers of Christmas - £14.25 at Asda*.
Spirits & liqueurs
- Russian Standard Vodka (70cl) - £13 at Asda* and Sainsbury's.
- Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur (1L) - £12 at Ocado (plus delivery).
- Bombay London Dry Gin (1L) - £16 at Asda*.
- Jack Daniel's Whiskey (70cl) - £16 at Asda*. Next cheapest we found, £18 (was £26) at Tesco.
Please drink responsibly this New Year, and as always be Drinkaware.
For further tasty treats, see our Supermarket deals.
Cheap Christmas chocolates round-up
Incl £3.50 Quality Street, £4 Celebrations tubs
If your supermarket shopping basket is normally choc-a-block with sweet treats at Christmas, this one’s for you...
Here's a round-up of the cheapest prices per gram that we found for popular Christmas chocs including Quality Street, Celebrations, and Ferrero Rocher on Fri 20 Dec:
- Quality Street tub, 650g - £3.50 (53.8p per 100g) at Asda* and Morrisons*. Next cheapest we found, £4 at Tesco.
- Celebrations tub, 650g - £4 (62p per 100g) at Tesco*. Same price at Morrisons (but out of stock).
- Cadbury Heroes tub, 600g - £4 (66.7p per 100g) at Asda*. Next cheapest we found, £5 at most other supermarkets.
- After Eight two-pack with Christmas tin, 400g - £4 (£1 per 100g) at Asda*. Next cheapest we found, £5 at most other supermarkets, or get 300g (66.7p per 100g) for £2 from most supermarkets.
- Ferrero Rocher, 16 pack, 200g – three for £10 (£3.33 each, £1.67 per 100g) at Morrisons*. Next cheapest we found, £3.50 each (£1.75 per 100g) at Asda*.
Supermarkets are constantly switching offers, which means these examples could change between now and Christmas Day, so be sure to do your own price comparison.
Watch out for smaller tubs
When comparing prices from last year, we've noticed that although some of the chocs were the same price, the weight of the choc tubs are now less – such as the Quality Street tub (650g this year, compared with 750g last year).
When buying chocolates, always have a look at the different size boxes and check the price per gram marked on the price label. Sometimes buying more of the smaller packs is cheaper than buying the biggest packs, or buying the same product in a 'non-festive format' (eg, After Eights) can work out cheaper if you just want the chocolate and not the tin or other extras.