First News deals
0 Current Deals
We don't currently have any First News deals.
Free four-week First News digital subscription for kids
Automatically renews at £5 per month unless cancelledExpired
First News is an award-winning weekly newspaper aimed at kids aged 7-14. If you go via our special First News link*, you can bag a free four-week digital subscription (norm £5.99 per month). You'll need to enter your payment details but no money will be taken for the first four weeks. Once signed up, your free subscription can be accessed via the desktop web reader, or the mobile or tablet app (free on Google Play/App Store).
The offer will end at 11.59pm on Sun 7 Mar.
Important: The subscription will automatically renew at the end of the four weeks at the discounted rate of £4.99 a month, so if you'd rather cancel, make sure to do so before then. You'll receive an email letting you know you have one week before the free four-week period ends. If you want to cancel, you'll need to register for a Recurly account (the payment platform used by First News) and verify the account by email to manage your subscription.
What's inside each issue?
Here are some of the features you and your child will find among the pages of First News:
- The latest UK and international news
- Interviews. Past interviewees include Gal Gadot, David Walliams, Boris Johnson and Carrie Fisher.
- Interactive puzzles and games. Some of these need to be printed out in order for you to fill them in.
- Colour pictures
- First careers. This section shines a spotlight on some of the jobs available in the UK.
- Polls. Past polls have covered everything from the pandemic to pizza toppings.
- Key dates for your diary for the week ahead
- Video game news and/or reviews
- Some issues also include guest articles. One such article was written by Malala.
As well as getting the latest digital edition every Friday, you'll be able to access the entire digital back catalogue which stretches back to 7 Aug 2020, if you so wish.
Issues can be downloaded to your device so that they're available offline. You can also select 'clippings' to save your favourite bulletins or send them to a friend.
Since you're tackling the big topics with your child, why not help them manage their money with our Top children's savings accounts?
This freebie is available to anybody who doesn't already have an account, including past subscribers.
Once cancelled, your subscription will run to the end of the billing period (ie, four weeks after you signed up) and then expire, so you'll still be able to use it until then.
If you choose to subscribe for 12 months, it'll cost £55.99 and you'll receive a free Little Bird annual family pass (norm £35), which gets you discounts on family activities, meals, magazines and more.