If you click a link with an * to go through to a provider, we may get paid. This usually only happens if you get a product from it. This is what funds our team of journalists, and keeps us free to use. Yet there are two crucial things you need to know about this.
- This never impacts our editorial recommendations – if it's in, it's in there because we independently rate it best.
- You'll always get as good a deal (or better) than if you went direct.
For a more detailed explanation see How MSE is financed.
0 Current Deals
We don't currently have any ParkLives deals.
Latest Expired Deals
FREE £5-£10ish yoga, Zumba, bootcamp & more
Outdoor classes across England & ScotlandExpired
If you go online to free fitness initiative ParkLives, you can sign up for completely free exercise classes for adults and children held in more than 150 outdoor locations across Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Newham in London and Nottingham (find your nearest park).
For other free fitness across the UK, see Our Parks free fitness classes.
There are 69 different classes to choose from, including yoga, pilates, Zumba, bootcamp, family rounders & baby ballet (see ‘More info’ for all classes included). Classes like this would normally cost £5-£10ish, but it's worth bearing in mind that all ParkLives sessions are outdoors – so if you fancy taking part, during the summer is your best bet.
What is ParkLives?
ParkLives is a partnership programme funded by local authorities and Coca-Cola Great Britain, that runs 260 hour-long fitness classes per week in playing fields and some other venues across England & Scotland. It currently has about 10,000 users and has funding to run until 2020.
How to book
- Join ParkLives by filling in a few details on its website, including your email address.
- Browse available classes in the list of upcoming sessions.
- Reserve a place by selecting 'Save me a spot'. Classes can be booked up to two months in advance and you can book as many as you like. ParkLives told us that some classes have started to build a regular following, so it'd be worth checking the website in advance if you've got a particular session in mind.
Under-13s must be signed up and accompanied by a parent. All session leaders are qualified professionals employed by the council, so should be DBS checked.
Adult come and try tennis
Baby loves disco
Conservation and down to earth
Couch to 5km
Exercise to music
Family frisbee golf
Family fun fishing
Family fun fitness
Family fun golf
Flexibility & wellness (over-16s)
Gentle bootcamp (over-50s)
Green fit baby
Green flag walk
Kids & teenage giant twister
Kids & teenage sports day
Led walking group
Play in the park
Walk to run
Women & girls' Zumba
Women only bootcamp