If you click a link with an * to go through to a provider, we may get paid. This usually only happens if you get a product from it. This is what funds our team of journalists, and keeps us free to use. Yet there are two crucial things you need to know about this.
- This never impacts our editorial recommendations – if it's in, it's in there because we independently rate it best.
- You'll always get as good a deal (or better) than if you went direct.
For a more detailed explanation see How MSE is financed.
0 Current Deals
We don't currently have any RedSpottedHanky deals.
Latest Expired Deals
IMPORTANT - THIS DEAL HAS EXPIRED
This deal has expired - you can't get it any more. We've kept it here for reference.
RedSpottedHanky £5 off £25 train tickets
Newbies only, get code via Blagged link. £1 booking feeExpired
Train booking site RedSpottedHanky* is offering 3,000 £5 discount codes for those who haven't signed up to its site before. There's a £25 minimum spend – this can be on one journey, or made up of multiple journeys, as long as they're part of the same booking – and the code can be used with railcard discounts.
You have to pay a £1 booking fee per transaction at RedSpottedHanky – which counts towards the £25 minimum spend – but its prices are the same as buying direct from the rail company in most cases (excluding short-lived promos), so you’ll effectively be saving £4 with this deal. As always, do compare prices first to ensure there are no sales which could make your ticket cheaper elsewhere.
How to get the £5 discount code
- Go via this blagged RedSpottedHanky* link and enter your name and email address.
- You'll be sent an email before Fri 19 May with a unique 'PIN' code which you need to enter on the site (you won't receive an email immediately – RedSpottedHanky says it needs time to check eligible email addresses before sending them out).
- Choose your ticket/tickets before 11.59pm on Mon 12 Jun and the £5 will automatically be deducted when your total booking is £25 or more (incl booking fee).
The deal is due to end at 10am on Mon 15 May, but as there are only 3,000 codes available, the brakes could be applied before then.
Codes can only be used once and you can book tickets up to 12 weeks ahead. The code can't be used with any other voucher or code, such as Tesco Clubcard vouchers.
There's no booking fee when buying tickets via the RedSpottedHanky app, but you can only use discount codes on the desktop or mobile site.
RedSpottedHanky £5 off £50 train tickets
Newbies only, sign up to get unique code. £1 booking feeExpired
Train booking site RedSpottedHanky* is offering 6,000 £5 discount codes for those who haven't signed up to its site before. There's a £50 minimum spend – this can be on one journey, or made up of multiple journeys, as long as they're part of the same booking. There's a £1 booking fee per transaction.
How to get the £5 discount code
- Visit this RedSpottedHanky* link and enter your name and email address.
- An email will be sent to you with a unique 'PIN' code.
- Click 'Claim My £5' in the email when you want to use it – you'll be taken to the RSH site.
- Enter your email address and PIN code and click 'Activate'.
- The £5 will automatically be deducted when your total booking is £50 or more.
The deal is due to end at 3pm on Thu 20 Oct, but as there are only 6,000 codes available, the brakes could be applied before then.
Codes can only be used once and expire at 11.59pm on Fri 25 Nov – but you can book tickets up to 12-weeks ahead, so you can use the discount on Christmas and New Year travel.
Prices on RedSpottedHanky are the same as buying direct from train operators most of the time (excl booking fee), but always compare to check you're getting the cheapest price.
The £5 discount can't be used when booking through the RedSpottedHanky app.