0 Current Deals
Southeastern £1 kids' off-peak tickets
Ongoing offer. Book online/from ticket office with adult ticketOngoing
Up to four kids (aged five to 15) can travel for £1 each return off-peak on Southeastern trains when accompanied by one adult.
Tickets can be booked in advance or on the day online or from ticket offices (not machines) and the child's fare will be automatically discounted. It's valid on open and day returns on mainline and high speed services, but not on journeys wholly within London.
To book a £1 kids' ticket:
- Child ticket must be booked at the same time as an adult with an off-peak, super off-peak or season ticket
- Valid all weekend and bank holidays
- Valid on journeys starting after 9.30am Mon-Fri, but trains into London must arrive after 10am
Railcard discounts can be used for the adult ticket, but not the £1 kids' tickets. See the full T&Cs.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
IMPORTANT - THIS DEAL HAS EXPIRED
This deal has expired - you can't get it any more. We've kept it here for reference.
Free travel for London Marathon runners
No need to buy a ticket, just show your race number to staff
Sometimes getting to the London Marathon can be as tough as the race itself, but one bonus of being a runner is you can get free public transport on most services within London and on some services to and from the capital on race day.
Here's a list of services giving marathon runners (but not spectators) free travel on Sun 23 Apr. You don't need to get a ticket, just show your race number to staff.
- Transport for London - runners can travel for free on London Underground, London buses, London Overground, DLR and trams until 6.30pm. If you're a race official or on-duty St John Ambulance volunteer you can also travel for free on these services by showing your officials' course pass or tabard.
- Southeastern - runners get free travel from Cannon Street to the start lines at Greenwich or Maze Hill, and from London Bridge, Charing Cross, Waterloo East, Victoria or Lewisham to the start line at Blackheath.
- c2c - runners get free travel between Essex and London.
- Chiltern Railways - runners get free travel on London Marylebone services.
- Oxford Tube - runners get free travel on coaches between Oxford and London on Sat 22 Apr (if you're travelling down the day before the race) and Sun 23 Apr. Show your race number to the driver.
- Oxford Bus Company - runners can travel free on the X90 coach service between Oxford and London.
Southeastern 25% off single & return off-peak tickets
Book online to get automatic discount off journeys until 24 Aug
Get 25% off single and return off-peak and super off-peak standard class tickets online at Southeastern until Mon 24 Aug (you must book and travel by this date). It's valid for all journeys across its mainline and high speed train network (London, Kent and parts of East Sussex), but not for travel wholly within London.
There's no code to enter, you'll see a red asterisk for valid off-peak journeys (all weekend and generally outside commuter times Mon-Fri, see 'more info' below for full exclusions) and the discounted price will be shown automatically. Tickets can be booked on the day of travel, but must be booked at least two hours in advance. See the full T&Cs.
How much can I save?
With this 25% off deal you can get a standard off-peak day return from Ashford International to London St Pancras for £21.90 (norm £29.60 on the day at the station) or London Charing Cross to Canterbury West for £18.45 (norm £24.90 on the day).
This offer can also be combined with Southeastern's Kids for a Quid promotion (max four kids) when you buy an adult off-peak day return only, but not with a railcard.
Collect tickets from stations from two hours after buying or get them delivered for free. Not valid on journeys entirely within the London fare zones, first class or when buying a Travelcard. There's no limit to the total number of discounted off-peak tickets available (all valid journeys will get the discount).
Valid on these tickets and from these times Mon-Fri only:
- Off-peak day tickets are valid for journeys from 9am, but trains into London must arrive after 10am
- Off-peak open return tickets are valid after 9.30am
- Super off-peak tickets are valid after 10am