Cats, coupon fairies & noisy tables – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Like a city that never sleeps, the MSE Forum goes on generating debate, guidance, support and humour at all hours. Here are a few of this week's highlights.
A few of this week's top threads
We're always scouring for useful, interesting or cheering threads. A few that caught our eye this week:
- Does anyone have experience selling second-hand books?
- Back for 2022: What's the best £1 you've ever spent?
- I bought a pillow from an Amazon third-party seller and it smells strongly of cat's pee. I've sent it back but they're refusing to refund return postage – is this right?
- Thanks to MSE, we got our house rebanded, got a £450ish council tax refund and now save £466/year. I'll be telling my neighbours to try too
- Premier Inn is refusing to honour 'Good Night' guarantee after staff dragged a table across the floor at 6.15am
- I successfully defended a claim from a parking company with help from the MSE Forum (A big shout out to the regulars of the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking board, who frequently help Forumites who want to dispute fines.)
- We haven't been billed for electricity since moving in four years ago – what will happen?
- We're selling our house. Our buyer noticed that a small (1 x 6ft) piece of land that falls outside our fence actually belongs to us. She's demanding that either the neighbours buy the piece of land or that we reduce the property price by £15,000! Time for us to relist?
- What do you call the supermarket's yellow sticker section?
Have you encountered a coupon fairy? The MSE Forum tells tales of a mysterious but generous breed of MoneySaver – one who passes on vouchers to strangers or tucks coupons on to supermarket shelves. But have you ever benefitted from the benevolence of a coupon fairy? Or are you one yourself?
Read more in the Coupon fairies – have you ever encountered one? blog, or add your own stories in the Ever benefitted from a coupon fairy? discussion.
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
You can find out what our Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Remember the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every MMD.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Sometimes posts pop up that are newsworthy. Here's an MSE News story from this week which draws on case studies found in the MSE Forum:
- TSB customers 'left without cash' after duplicate payment error
Dozens of complaints appeared on social media and on the MSE Forum from TSB customers who said they'd been charged a second time for payments made over recent weeks. TSB says the problem is now fixed.
Latest comping wins
One of the most frequented boards, Competitions Time, is where compers come to find and share competitions. There are countless success stories, but here are a few recent ones. All three prizes below were won by Forumite redfox5.
Your two cents
Easter's round the corner. Do you get involved? If so, how do you keep it MoneySaving? Join the conversations or start your own thread if there's nothing suitable. If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register to the MSE Forum.