0 Current Deals
Incl airport locations such as Gatwick and Heathrow. Excl Northern IrelandTwo million available
Budget hotel chain Premier Inn* has released two million rooms for £29 per night - there's no code needed and you can book for stays until 14 Oct 21, subject to availability. Premier Inn tells us the discounted rooms span across all its UK hotels, excluding Northern Ireland.
In most (but not all) cases, the low price point will get you the cheapest 'standard rate' booking option which allows you to amend your booking on a "like-for-like" basis up until 1pm on your arrival day but is usually non-refundable unless you cancel within 24 hours of when you made the booking. Other terms apply for Covid-related circumstances (more on this below).
The £29 rooms are available to book online or via the Premier Inn app (IOS/Android) across 800+ hotels. Premier Inn told us on Tue 25 May that there were still over 2,000,000 rooms available at the special price. We expect these to get snapped up fairly fast, so go quick if you're after a particular date or area.
If the reason you need to cancel is due to restrictions from leaving your area, then it's still worth asking for a full refund if you want one as Premier Inn says it'll assess on a "case-by-case basis" (see Premier Inn's coronavirus page* for more info).
If you need to cancel for any other reason, then in the worst case scenario you can change your dates for free up until 1pm on the day of arrival but you'd need to pay any difference in the price of the room.
All Premier Inn hotels reopened from 17 May but it's worth noting England, Scotland and Wales have different restrictions in place so check these using the links in our Life-in-lockdown guide before booking, and bear in mind that plans could change.
Don't assume Premier Inn will be the cheapest, even during this offer. Compare prices and see our Hotels Guide to ensure you're getting the best deal.
The offer's not available for hotels in Northern Ireland.
It's best to pay on card because, in the unlikely event that the company goes bust or another issue arises, you might be able to recoup costs via a chargeback claim from your card provider. See our guide on Visa, Mastercard and Amex chargeback for more information.
As there'll be limitations in place and you'll need to think about whether you feel safe sharing a space with other guests, it's worth considering if staying in a hotel is the best option – you may prefer to book a holiday rental instead, for instance.
It's likely that most of the £29 prices reflect the basic 'standard' option, which is non-refundable unless you cancel within 24 hours of when you made the booking but does allow you to amend your booking on a "like-for-like" basis up until 1pm on your arrival day. You can choose to pay extra to upgrade to the 'flex' rate which is fully refundable and can be amended or cancelled for free up until 1pm on the arrival date.
There are always ways to save money at Premier Inn, so even if there isn’t a cracking deal out there that works for you, don’t assume you can’t cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Book early. Premier Inn sets the prices of its rooms depending on the level of demand, so by booking early you’re more likely to get the best deal. In general, its rooms are put on sale one year in advance.
- Look for ‘Saver’ rates. Available at most Premier Inn hotels, ‘Saver’ rates start from £35 and are only available online. But be warned, unlike ‘Flex’ rates, these bookings are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-amendable.
- Kids eat 'free'. Up to two children under the age of 16 can eat breakfast 'free' when one adult orders a full Premier Inn breakfast, which normally costs £9-£11ish depending on the hotel.
- Do a quick comparison. If you're not committed to staying at Premier Inn, do a comparison on Trivago* and TravelSupermarket* to see if brokers are offering cheaper stays at other hotels in your chosen location.
- Free Wi-Fi. You can connect to Wi-Fi for free in all Premier Inn hotels, but there's a data limit of 1GB per user per day.
- Check out similar companies. Have a look at our deals from Travelodge, Wyndham Hotel Group (Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn) and Lastminute.com, where there may be a better offer.
- Want more? Read our Cheap Hotels guide for lots of price-cutting techniques.
- Had a problem with Premier Inn? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Premier Inn*.
Latest Expired Deals
Premier Inn £35 spring rooms
Or £69 in central LondonExpired
Premier Inn has around 50,000 spring rooms from £35 a night (or from £69 in central London) for stays between Fri 27 Feb and Fri 20 Mar. Approximately 60% of the rooms will be £35 exactly.
This isn't really a sale, it's a promotion which highlights Premier Inn's cheapest hotels with its normal 'Premier Saver'' rate. This rate means you must pay upfront and you can't get a refund or make any changes once booked. Plus these are room-only bookings, so you don't get any extras like brekkie. The promotion's on till all the rooms are sold, so get in there sharpish if you want one.
The 50,000 rooms will be randomly spread across selected hotels in the 650+-branch hotel chain and across selected dates in the promotion, so you're going to have to route around to find the cheap rooms.
Here's some rooms we found for £35 in central city spots.
- Leeds city centre on Sun 15 Mar
- Southampton city centre on Fri 13 Mar
- Edinburgh city (Haymarket) for £35 on Mon 16 Mar
Plus we found rooms in central London too for £69.
- London City (Aldgate) on Fri 20 Mar
- London Hammersmith on Sat 14 Mar
- London Tower Bridge on Fri 20 Mar
You may need to be flexible to get the cheap rooms. Plus even if they look like a great price, they may not be the cheapest around. Go on Trivago* to check if hotel brokers are offering cheaper Premier Inn rooms and you may also find a totally different hotel that's cheaper.
Premier Inn: £29 Friday rooms
65,000 rooms for Jan-Mar staysExpired
MSE Update 3.30pm, Thu 23 Jan: Plenty of rooms left however Premier Inn cannot confirm exact numbers.
Premier Inn* has just released 65,000 rooms at £29 for stays at most of its hotels (excluding central London) on Friday nights until 28 Mar.
The offer's on until all rooms are sold and great If you're visiting family or going out at the weekend.