0 Current Deals
There are always ways to save money at Thorntons*, so even if there isn't a cracking deal out there that works for you, don't assume you can't cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Check if it's cheaper to buy from a supermarket. Many Thorntons products are sold in supermarkets, so use MySupermarket* to compare prices before you buy.
- O2 Priority. O2 Priority sometimes offers freebies at Thorntons stores. Even if you're not on O2, you may be able to get a Thorntons deal - see our O2 Priority Moments for Everyone! guide to find out how.
- Stock up when you spot a good deal. If you regularly buy Thorntons chocolates for birthday and Christmas presents, it may be worth stocking up when you find a decent multi-buy offer or code. Always check the expiry dates to make sure they'll last.
- Check out similar retailers, eg, Hotel Chocolat. If you're not committed to buying from Thorntons, check out our deals from other places such as Hotel Chocolat, where you may find there's a better offer.
- Had a problem with Thorntons? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Thorntons*.
If you spot any hot deals out there we have missed (we are human after all!), please let us know in the MSE forum, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via MSE Facebook and Twitter @MSE_Deals.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
Latest Expired Deals
FREE £8 personalised chocolate heart at Thorntons
From Thu 7 Feb, 40,000 avail via O2 app
Smartphone users can get a free personalised chocolate heart in Thontons stores via the O2 Priority app. Simply show the code from the app to staff at the checkout. It's due to last until Mon 11 Feb, but could end before if all the codes run out.
O2 wasn't able to tell us exactly how many codes were left, it started with 40,000 on Thu 7 Feb so you'll need to go quick if you want this.
How to get it
If you're on O2 and you haven't got the app already, you can download it for free from Apple's App Store, Google Play for Android or Microsoft's Windows store. Open the app, search for Thorntons and the offer (and your nearest participating store) should appear.
Once you redeem the offer, it'll give you a unique code which you need to show on your smartphone in-store. Wait until you're at the checkout and have the item in your hand (so you know it's in stock) before selecting the 'use it now' option as your code will expire quickly - sometimes within minutes.
Not on O2?
There's a sneaky way of getting Priority Moments offers even if you're not an O2 customer. It might be too late for you to get this deal, but you can get prepared for the next O2 Priority Moments freebie. See our O2 Priority Moments for EVERYONE! guide to find out how.
Thorntons 15% off chocolate sale items
Online via Blagged code, eg, £7 snowman for £2.55
If you go online to chocolate retailer Thorntons*, you can get 15% off sale items when you use the MSE Blagged code MSE15 at the checkout, until 11.59pm on Fri 1 Feb. Delivery’s £3.95 or free if you spend £35 or more.
The code is valid on all sale items listed on the Thorntons website, and even works alongside the 3for2 offer on leftover Christmas stock, but it can't be used on full-price items.
A few strong examples we spotted on Fri 18 Jan:
- White chocolate snowman model* - £2.55 (£3 before the code, was £7)
- Large milk chocolate star with five salted fudge stars* - £5.95 (£7 before the code, was £15).
- Continental nougat casket* - £12.75 (£15 before the code, was £25).
For other post-Christmas bargains, see our round-up of January sales.