If you click a link with an * to go through to a provider, we may get paid. This usually only happens if you get a product from it. This is what funds our team of journalists, and keeps us free to use. Yet there are two crucial things you need to know about this.
- This never impacts our editorial recommendations – if it's in, it's in there because we independently rate it best.
- You'll always get as good a deal (or better) than if you went direct.
For a more detailed explanation see How MSE is financed.
0 Current Deals
There are always ways to save money at Thorntons*, so even if there isn't a cracking deal out there that works for you, don't assume you can't cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Check if it's cheaper to buy from a supermarket. Many Thorntons products are sold in supermarkets, so use MySupermarket* to compare prices before you buy.
- O2 Priority. O2 Priority sometimes offers freebies at Thorntons stores. Even if you're not on O2, you may be able to get a Thorntons deal - see our O2 Priority Moments for Everyone! guide to find out how.
- Stock up when you spot a good deal. If you regularly buy Thorntons chocolates for birthday and Christmas presents, it may be worth stocking up when you find a decent multi-buy offer or code. Always check the expiry dates to make sure they'll last.
- Check out similar retailers, eg, Hotel Chocolat. If you're not committed to buying from Thorntons, check out our deals from other places such as Hotel Chocolat, where you may find there's a better offer.
- Had a problem with Thorntons? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Thorntons*.
If you spot any hot deals out there we have missed (we are human after all!), please let us know in the MSE forum, email us at email@example.com or via Twitter @MSE_Deals.
MSE weekly email
FREE weekly MoneySaving email
For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes simply sign up today – it's spam-free!
Latest Expired Deals
Thorntons 3 for 2 on Christmas chocolate gifts
Online and in storeExpired
If you're looking to stock up on sweet treats this Christmas, chocolate retailer Thorntons* is offering 3 for 2 on selected chocolates until 11.59pm on Tue 24 Dec or while stocks last.
You don't need a code for the 3 for 2 offer - the discount will be automatically applied at the checkout. Delivery’s £3.95.
Thorntons FREE ice creams
Two single scoops in a cone/tub, at Thorntons stores via O2 appExpired
Here's a melt in your mouth offer... you can get two free £2ish single scoops of Thorntons ice cream in a cone or tub via the O2 Priority app from midday every day until Sun 4 Aug. You'll get a unique code which you need to show on your smartphone.
It's available at standalone Thorntons stores (find your nearest* – those listed as franchise stores are excluded) and there are limited codes available each day. These can run out quickly in sunny weather – so do it soon after 12pm if you can.
How to get it
If you're on O2 and you haven't got the app already, you can download it for free from Apple's App Store, Play for Android or Microsoft's Windows store. Open the app, search for 'Thorntons' and the offer should appear.
Once you redeem the offer, it'll give you a unique code which you need to show on your smartphone in-store at Thorntons.
Warning: Wait until you're there before selecting the 'Use it now' option as your code will expire after 15 minutes.
Not on O2?
You don't have to be frozen out of this deal... there's a way of getting Priority offers even if you're not an O2 customer. See our O2 Priority for EVERYONE! guide to find out how.