Poems, patios & pants – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Your neatly parcelled summary of the week's MSE Forum highlights is here. Seen a question you could help with or a conversation that could be improved by your input? Do it; jump in.
A few useful or diverting discussions that caught our eye this week:
- My buyer wants to visit tomorrow to take measurements, but completion’s not 'til next week – should I let her?
- Ever since HSBC updated its login page to say ‘exciting changes to logging in’, I’ve been unable to log in
- My partner bought a smartwatch (boxed) and opened the box at home to find it empty, but on returning to the store they were treated with suspicion
- I was thrilled to win an iPhone 13 via the comping board, but now I’m being charged £140 import duty to receive it from Portugal
- I’ve written a Christmas poem about Martin Lewis
This Forumite's penned a festive poem about Martin Lewis
- Family are soon to visit from Australia. We want to hire a caravan for them to sleep in and park it by our garage – is this allowed?
- There’s a sinkhole in our garden, partly under our shed – anyone been able to repair one and claim on insurance?
- Our neighbours have right of way across our patio – we can’t do anything about it but we’re annoyed they use it 6-8 times a day
- Every time we flush the loo in the en-suite upstairs, there’s a foul smell in the kitchen
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should our friend cover the deposit we lost after he pulled out of our house share?
Four mates and I were planning to move in together. We found a five-bedroom house to rent that we all agreed on, and paid a holding deposit of £530. A week later, one said he was going to continue living with his parents, so the rest of us could no longer afford the house as it would mean each paying £115 a month more. We lost the deposit, leaving each of us £106 out of pocket. Should we ask him to pay us all back?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Your two cents
Black Friday officially begins next week (25 November) and lasts until Cyber Monday (28 November), but lots of deals are already live. Bookmark our thread to read about the best deals and add ones you've spotted: Black Friday 2022: live deals, analysis & predictions.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.