Alton Towers Deals
0 Current Deals
There are always ways to save money at Alton Towers, so even if there isn’t a cracking deal out there that works for you, don’t assume you can’t cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Offers for email subscribers. If you sign up to the Alton Towers email newsletter you'll receive special offers direct to your inbox.
- Redeem loyalty points. You can get up to 75% off theme parks by converting Tesco Clubcard points into Tesco Boost tokens. See out Loyalty Points Boosting guide.
- Get an annual pass. If you’re planning multiple visits, you can buy an annual Merlin pass for 12 months' unlimited entry into a range of attractions including Alton Towers. It normally costs £169, or less per person if you're buying for a family, but look out for promotional discounts.
- Check out similar theme parks. If you’re not committed to visiting Alton Towers, have a look at other Merlin attractions including Legoland Windsor, Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park.
- Want more? Read our Cheap Theme Parks and Cheap Days Out guides for more MoneySaving tips.
- Had a problem with Alton Towers? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Alton Towers*.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
Latest Expired Deals
Half-price entry to Alton Towers & Sea Life
Or Warwick Castle. Via £1ish Carex hand wash
If you pick up a promotional bottle of Carex hand wash (norm £1ish) or Carex shower gel (norm £3ish), you can use it to get a half-price on-the-gate adult or child ticket at Alton Towers, Sea Life centres, or Warwick Castle until 31 May 2020.
Available in Asda, Boots, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury's, Savers, Tesco, Waitrose and Wilko until Sep 2019, promotional bottles must be handed over at the attraction ticket booth. Carex says they must be empty, but if you need a ticket before you'd finish the bottle you could always decant it into another bottle before you go. See full T&Cs.
See our 100+ things to do with the kids for more fun-filled family days out.
How much can I save?
As adult on-the-gate tickets cost £56 at Alton Towers, this deal could save you £28 if you buy the cheapest promotional bottle of Carex. Adult on-the-gate tickets at Sea Life London cost £40, so you can save £20 with this deal.
Whilst there are a few 2for1 offers for Alton Towers or Sea Life centres, this offer is useful if you're visiting with an odd number of people.
2for1 Legoland, Alton Towers etc with £3ish cereal
Adults go 'free' voucher on selected Kellogg's cereals
Look for promotional packs of Kellogg's cereal and snacks, including Rice Krispies, Frosties, Crunchy Nut and Squares (norm £2ish-£4ish at most supermarkets), to get 'free' adult entry via a voucher for 30 Merlin attractions until 30 June 2020.
Effectively this is a 2for1, as you must buy a full-price on-the-gate child or adult ticket to get the free adult entry, but this could actually work out better than a 2for1 ticket if you're an adult going with a child as generally child tickets tend to be cheaper than adult ones.
The vouchers can be exchanged for entry on the day at Merlin attractions including Legoland, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Sea Life centres and sanctuaries, the Dungeons and Madame Tussauds. Some dates are excluded and these vary between attractions - see 'More info' below.
Promotional packs will be readily available in stores until May, after which they'll be harder to find.
How strong is this deal?
While attraction prices vary, the most you could save with this offer is £57ish based on peak Legoland Windsor ticket prices (norm £60 each on the gate, so £120 for two, but you could get two for £63ish with this deal).
As it covers a large range of attractions and the vouchers are valid for over a year, this is a particularly strong deal if you and one other person are considering visiting one of the participating venues.
However, if you’re only interested in visiting a specific attraction, possibly more than once, and aren’t going in a pair, it’s worth checking to see what other deals are available. Find ticket prices for other attractions and see our round-up of theme park deals to check which works best for you.
You can also book online
To guarantee entry and beat the queues at selected attractions, there's also an option to book your tickets online in advance using unique codes found inside Kellogg's cereal packets (though you'll still pay the on-the-gate price). Technically, these codes can be combined with the physical vouchers to obtain two free adult tickets with two full-price child tickets purchased - see 'More info' for full details.
Ensure you take the voucher with you on the day. It can only be used against the gate price, not the discounted online price. The age classification for an adult ticket varies between attractions so make sure you check before you go. Valid for standard entry tickets only.
Also check the venue's individual opening dates as some are closed at certain times of the year. There are also some extra excluded dates in 2019 listed below (2020 exclusion dates will be available from the end of the 2019 season):
- 19-30 Aug and 25 Dec at all attractions
- 8-10 Nov at Alton Towers Resort
- 19-21 Apr, 21, 22 and 27-28 Jul, 3, 4 and 10-11 Aug, and 31 Dec at the Coca-Cola London Eye
- 1-31 Aug at SEA LIFE London
- 25-31 Oct at The London Dungeon
- 6-Oct-4 Nov at The Blackpool Tower Circus (The Blackpool Tower Eye is open subject to weather conditions)
- 18-31 Oct at Thorpe Park
- 27-31 Oct at The Blackpool Tower Dungeon, 26-31 Oct and 26-31 Dec at The York and Edinburgh Dungeons
- 30 Nov, 1, 7-8, 14-15, 18-24 Dec at Legoland Windsor
- 25 May-2 Jun, 26 Oct- 3 Nov, 31 Dec- 5 Jan at The Bear Grylls Adventure
Promotional vouchers aren't valid at secondary attractions and don’t guarantee entry into attractions in the event of venue capacity being reached. Offer can't be used with any other offer or concession, reward or loyalty schemes.
Or book online in advance using promo codes on cereal packets
To guarantee entry in advance, you can book tickets online (excludes The Blackpool Tower Circus) at a special Merlin website ahead of your visit. To do this, you need a unique code found inside promotional packs of Kellogg’s cereal only, on the underside of the carton flap.
This method of redeeming the offer requires you to pay the gate price in advance and print out your tickets. At selected attractions, you can scan these tickets and walk right through the gates, enabling you to beat the queues.