How to bag two portions of FREE fries this week
All KFC app users and McDonald's app newbies can get 'em
The best kind of food is free food – and if you've got an appetite for a deal like we do, we've found two ways of bagging free McDonalds and KFC fries this week. So keep your eyes on the fries and read on for how to claim these spud-tacular freebies.
While they're free, please eat responsibly. And if these deals aren't for you, consider passing on to someone who may need them, or treat friends and family to your free portion instead.
1. Totally FREE fries (normally £1.89) for anyone with the KFC app
While KFC may be best known for its chicken, it's launched new 'signature fries' (skin-on fries with seasoning), and you can try them out with a totally free portion when you order them via the KFC app (available for Apple and Android) until 11.59pm on Friday 13 October. This freebie is for new and existing app users. To claim...
- Sign up or login to the KFC app
- Tap 'KFC Rewards' at the bottom of the app
- Then tap 'Offers' – the free fries deal should appear.
- Scan the unique QR code (or show it to staff when ordering). Screenshots of QR codes won't be accepted.
There's no minimum spend when redeeming at the front counter only, so you can just get the free fries if that's all you fancy. If you order and scan the app via kiosks or click & collect, a £1 minimum spend applies, so it's most MoneySaving to order at the front counter, unless you were planning on getting more items anyway. You can only get one portion of free fries per app account.
KFC says the cooking process it uses means these fries aren’t suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
2. Free McDonald's medium fries (normally £1.59) for newbies to its app who make a purchase (can be 10p/50p sauce)
Sign up to the My McDonald's app (available for Apple and Android), as well as My McDonald's Rewards within the app, by 11.59pm on Sunday 22 October to get a 'free' portion of medium fries. Here's how...
- Download the app and create an account, then sign in.
- Opt-in to My McDonald's Rewards.
- Find the 'free' fries deal in the 'Rewards and Offers' section.
- Order via the app. To be eligible for the 'free' fries, add at least one other item of food or drink to your order. If it's just the fries you want, you could add sauce to dip your fries into – depending on which restaurant you're ordering from, the cheapest is either a 10p small, or a 50p large, sauce pot – and it means you can still make a saving of £1 to £1.50. Other cheap choices include a 79p fruit bag, or a £1.09 hamburger or side salad.
Once you've made your order via the app, you can pick it up at a participating restaurant (see below for excluded locations). It'll work for delivery orders too, but of course the delivery cost will wipe out the saving on the fries. You need to make your order within 14 days of opting in to My McDonald's Rewards.
- Walworth Road
- Birmingham Dale End
- Praed Street
- Highway Shadwell
- Croydon Valley Park
- Livingston 2
- Eastbourne II
- Tunbridge Wells II
- Croydon 3 (Centrale)
- West One Shopping Centre
- Wimbledon Centre Court
- Bracknell - The Keep
- Chelmsford 2 Riverside
- Greenhithe -The Railway Tavern
- Victoria Station
- Kings Cross - Ex Wendys
- Shaftesbury Avenue 2
- Manchester - Arndale Food Chain
- Waterloo Station
- Asda Bournemouth
- Asda Swindon
- Asda Wallington
- Asda Slough
- Norwich - Chapelfields
- Paddington Station
- Westfield Stratford City
Other ways to get free food and drink, including a FREE Greggs pizza slice and hot drink
You don't just have to stop at fries (though as we say above, please eat responsibly). There are even more ways to get grub for nowt in our free (or cheap) food guide, including a free Greggs pizza slice and hot drink (normally up to £4) if you sign up to its app (for Apple or Android) by Monday 16 October.
If all this food is making you thirsty, see our free drinks round-up, including tea and coffee, plus beers, wine, and cocktails.