Wombles, dogs & errant landlords – this week's MSE Forum highlights
While mere mortals sleep, the MSE Forum goes on spawning debate, guidance, support and humour around the clock. Here are a few of this week's highlights.
A few of this week's top threads
We're always scouring for useful, interesting or cheering threads. A few that caught our eye this week:
- Candles and custard... do you have a 'just in case' cupboard?
- I'm committing to a 'no new clothes' year to help with the cost of living
- What's the best way to get time off work to attend an interview elsewhere?
- My ex is taking me to court for non-payment of 'dog welfare'
- I paid off all my debts by offering each debt collection agency 25% of the balance as full final payment – every company except one accepted my offer
- Here are some ideas for small things to post to someone in hospital via large letter – can you help add to the list?
Do you have a 'just in case' cupboard?
- Are you wombling too, in 2022?
- We've discovered our landlord has been using our electricity to run his business in a premises that sits behind our house, for the last 5+ years. When we raised it, he offered us a one-off payment to cover costs – what should we do?
- I switched away from TSB last year and now it's offered me £100 to switch back
- I'm a single mum planning to take my kids to London for October half-term – please give me your MoneySaving tips
- Our neighbours are opening a campsite – how can we object?
- Does a fridge run better if full?
New. Forum Ambassadors
Since Monday 28 March, you may have noticed a band of new volunteers on the boards. These are our Forum Ambassadors and they'll be helping the MSE Forum team to keep the community a safe, helpful and supportive place. Check out the Site Feedback board for more information.
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
You can find out what our Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Remember the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Your two cents
On Friday 1 April, the energy price cap will rise and many will see their bills increase. Is your household affected? And what will you be doing to manage the cost? Join one of the many conversations on the Energy board or start your own thread if there's nothing suitable.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register to the MSE Forum.
Have your say
This is an open discussion and the comments do not represent the views of MSE. We want everyone to enjoy using our site but spam, bullying and offensive comments will not be tolerated. Posts may be deleted and repeat offenders blocked at our discretion. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to report any comments.
Update: We are aware that some users may currently be having issues seeing the comments and we're working on it.