Lettuce, lottery tickets & loud tenants – this week's MSE Forum highlights
If you appreciate pictures of various types of food, this week's MSE Forum highlights have you covered.
A few of this week's top threads
We're always scouring the MSE Forum for useful, interesting or cheering threads. A few that caught our eye this week:
- I’m planning to buy a tent to sleep in so I can stay warm without turning on the heating – is my logic sound?
- Here's how to ‘waste not, want not’, eg, keeping lettuce in Tupperware in the fridge
- Should we warn our replacement tenants about the shouty, music-blaring hermit who lives in the flat above?
- I’m a new homeowner, about to move out of the family home. Give me your MoneySaving tips
An MSE Forumite's off on a nostalgic trip to (hopefully) see some donkeys
- I complained to Vodafone and got compensation. Coupled with an MSE discount, I’m now paying £1.37 a month for broadband! Can anyone beat that?
- We’re off to the Isle of Wight and need recommendations. Are the donkeys still at Carisbrooke? I last visited them on a school trip in 1964
- The seller wants to leave furniture in our new house a week after completion – would we be breaching our 'sold with vacant possession' mortgage agreement if we allow it?
Photos of the week
It's a heavily food-based selection for this week's photo highlights, plucked from the What are you making for dinner? thread. MSE Forumite Florenceem baked this sponge cake and set of butterfly cakes dusted with icing sugar.
Islandmaid posted this collage of some of the meals and drinks they hoovered up during a trip to Bristol.
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
What should I do with the lottery ticket I found in a charity shop coat?
I bought a coat in a charity shop and, when I got it home, found a lottery ticket in one of the pockets. I checked the numbers and it's for a £5,000 win. But I'm not sure what to do now - should I return to the charity shop and ask if they know who donated the coat, give half the amount to the shop and keep half for myself as a way of sharing my good fortune, or keep it all as the coat and what it contains is now mine?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Remember the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
One of the most frequented boards, Competitions Time, is where compers come to find and share competitions. There are always plenty of success stories. This week, Travelbugkim had their very first win: a pair of Beats headphones.
Your two cents
Are you into crafting? Do you construct greetings cards, knit jumpers, mould clay pots or make jewellery? It's always great to see your photos and hear some tips, so do consider posting in one of the Crafting board threads, or starting a brand new one.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.