Secret Santa, sisters & speeding tickets – this week's MSE Forum highlights
After a brief hiatus, the weekly MSE Forum highlights round-up is back. We hope you learn at least one new thing from it.
A few useful or diverting discussions that caught our eye this week:
- Ring doorbells are making things difficult for Secret Santa
- I sent stamps to the Royal Mail swap-out scheme but they’ve declared them to be fakes
- I was surprised to receive a French speeding ticket in the post – the name and car aren’t mine
- I’m so terrible with money it almost ended my marriage. Is financial counselling a thing?
- What’s this weird appendage on the side of my German bathtub?
Any ideas about this MSE Forumite's bathtub bit?
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Is it OK to get my friend something for Christmas that's on sale?
My friend and I always get each other a Christmas gift, which we spend a mutually agreed £30 on. This year I've found something worth £30 that would make a great gift for them, but it's on sale so I'd be spending less. Should I keep the money I'd save for myself or buy them something extra so I've spent the agreed amount?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.