0 Current Deals
Spotify is free to use on desktop computers, as long as you don't mind listening to adverts.
However, if you want to save money on Spotify Premium (normally £9.99 a month), so you can listen without ads and on mobile devices, here are some tips and tricks:
- Spotify Premium free trial. If you're new to Spotify, you can take advantage of a free 30-day trial of Spotify Premium. After your trial, if you want to upgrade from the free version of Spotify to paid Premium membership (£9.99 a month), there's normally an introductory offer available such as 'three months for 99p'. These change frequently, but it's definitely worth checking.
- Family membership. If multiple people in your household use Spotify Premium, but you don't all want to share one account, it's cheaper to upgrade to a Family subscription (£14.99 a month) than to each pay £9.99 individually. In theory, it's worth up to £60 a month as a maximum of six people can share a Spotify Premium for Family membership.
- Alternatives to Spotify. If you're not committed to using Spotify, there are several alternatives for streaming music such as Deezer, Google Play and Apple Music.
Get Our Free Money Tips Email!For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 12m who get it. Don’t miss out
Latest Expired Deals
EXPIRED: £49 Google Home Mini for 'free' or £15
Freebie for new & existing Spotify 'Premium for Family' subscribers
MSE Update, Thu 18 Apr at 2.34pm: Spotify has ended this offer. We've contacted it to ask if those who reserved their 'free' Google Home Mini can still claim it.
Music streamer Spotify is offering a free Google Home Mini voice-activated smart speaker (norm £49, but currently on offer for £29) to new and existing customers of its £14.99 per month 'Premium for Family' subscription until 11.59pm on Tue 14 May, or while stock lasts.
If you're already a Spotify Premium for Family member, you can claim the Google Home Mini for free (see how), and as you can cancel your Spotify membership anytime, newbies can technically sign up to bag this deal then immediately cancel once you’ve ordered the Google Home Mini (paying just £14.99 for your first, and last, month of Spotify streaming).
The subscription allows up to six people within the same household to get Spotify's premium service. You'll also need a free Google account (or to set one up).
Since we first told you about this deal, several at MSE Towers have received their Google device, and we've heard from lots of MoneySavers who got the deal, including Jonathan...
You'll need to sign up or sign in via this Spotify Family link.
Important: You'll be charged £14.99 every month until you cancel your subscription. Only the primary account holder can claim the freebie.
- Once you've signed up/in, you can reserve your Google Home Mini. You'll then receive an email (likely within 24 hours – though ours arrived much quicker) telling you your free device is now available to order.
- Click 'Get Now' in the email by Fri 24 May and you'll be taken to the Google Store online, where you can choose one of two colours (black or white) and the discount will be automatically applied.
- You'll need to sign up to a free Google account (or log in if you already have one). You're required to enter a valid payment card if one isn't already on your account – though you won't be charged and you should see there's no cost for the device before you complete the checkout.
- Google will then post the Google Home Mini to you – delivery's free and you'll be given an estimated delivery date.
Spotify wouldn't tell us how many Google Home Mini devices are available, but did say it's a "finite number", so go quick if it's something you want as it could end the promotion at any point. Just in case it goes wrong or Spotify closes the loophole, only do this if you’re prepared to take the risk of paying £15 for a month’s music streaming with no extra perks.
If you've got an Amazon Echo device instead, here's how Prime members can get four free audiobooks via Audible.
This offer excludes the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Gibraltar.
3 months' Spotify Premium 99p for students
Student deal for newbies via Unidays
If you’re a student and you haven’t had it before, you can get three months of Spotify Premium for 99p until 11.59pm on Thu 25 Oct. You’ll need to have registered via Unidays beforehand and the deal’s only valid if you haven’t already tried Spotify Premium (see below).
Important: After the initial three months, you’ll be automatically be charged the normal student rate of £4.99 a month until you cancel your subscription (you can do this anytime).
What if I’ve had Spotify Premium before?
Spotify also has an ongoing student discount that gives 50% off, making Premium £4.99/mth (non-students pay £9.99/mth).
What is Spotify Premium?
Spotify Premium lets you listen ad-free, save music to listen offline, play tracks in any order and with higher-quality audio.