0 Current Deals
Spotify is free to use on desktop computers, as long as you don't mind listening to adverts.
However, if you want to save money on Spotify Premium (normally £9.99 a month), so you can listen without ads and on mobile devices, here are some tips and tricks:
- Spotify Premium free trial. If you're new to Spotify, you can take advantage of a free 30-day trial of Spotify Premium. After your trial, if you want to upgrade from the free version of Spotify to paid Premium membership (£9.99 a month), there's normally an introductory offer available such as 'three months for 99p'. These change frequently, but it's definitely worth checking.
- Family membership. If multiple people in your household use Spotify Premium, but you don't all want to share one account, it's cheaper to upgrade to a Family subscription (£14.99 a month) than to each pay £9.99 individually. In theory, it's worth up to £60 a month as a maximum of six people can share a Spotify Premium for Family membership.
- Alternatives to Spotify. If you're not committed to using Spotify, there are several alternatives for streaming music such as Deezer, Google Play and Apple Music.
Latest Expired Deals
ALL GONE: Can you get a £49 Google Nest Mini for 'free' or £10?
Possible freebie for new and existing Spotify 'Premium' subscribersExpired
MSE Update, Mon 7 Sep at 10.40am: Spotify says that due to high demand, the Google Nest Mini offer is no longer available. We've left the below for reference.
Music streamer Spotify is offering a free Google Nest Mini (formerly Google Home Mini) voice-activated smart speaker to new and existing £10 per month 'Premium' subscribers. You can do this until 11.59pm on Wed 30 Sep, or while stock lasts. The speaker is normally £49, but it's currently on offer for £29 at Google Store and other retailers. Please read this carefully and do note the risks with this deal before going ahead with it.
The offer will work with any of its Premium plans, and the £9.99 per month individual account is the cheapest way to get it, unless you’re a student, then it’s just £4.99 per month. See 'More info' below for a full list of plans and prices. You'll also need a free Google account (or to set one up).
If you're already a Spotify Premium member – including 'Duo' or 'Family' accounts – you can claim the Google Nest Mini for free (see how), and as you can cancel your Spotify membership anytime, newbies can technically sign up to bag this deal then immediately cancel once you’ve ordered the Google Nest Mini (paying just £9.99 for your first, and last, month of Spotify streaming).
Spotify wouldn't tell us how many Google Nest Mini devices are available, but did say it's 'while supply lasts'. It's confirmed this trick works – and a few of us at MSE got it when we tried – but we expect this to be popular, so go quick if it's something you want as it could end the promotion at any point.
Important: Just in case it goes wrong or Spotify closes the loophole, only do this if you’re prepared to take the risk of paying £10 for a month’s music streaming with no extra perks.
1. Sign up or in to a Spotify Premium account via this Spotify link by Wed 30 Sep (though the deal could end sooner if it's popular so don't hang about) and you'll see a message saying you've registered for your Google Nest Mini. Important: You'll be charged every month until you cancel your subscription. Only the primary account holder can claim the freebie.
2. You'll then receive an email (likely within 24 hours – though ours arrived much quicker) telling you your free device is now available to order – see image below. Click 'Get it now' in the email by Sat 31 Oct and you'll be taken to the Google Store online, where you can choose one of four colours and the discount will be automatically applied.3. When you get to the Google Store, you'll need to sign up to a free account (or log in if you already have one). You're required to enter a valid payment card if one isn't already on your account – though you won't be charged and you should see there's no cost for the device before you complete the checkout.4. Google will then post the Google Nest Mini to you – delivery's free and you'll be given an estimated delivery date.
- Individual - £9.99/month
- Duo - £12.99/month – allows two people within the same household to get the Premium service.
- Family - £14.99/month – allows up to six people within the same household to get the Premium service.
- Student - £4.99/month
You can't get this deal if you've had a free Google device via a Spotify promotion in the past.
This offer excludes the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Gibraltar.
IMPORTANT - THIS DEAL HAS EXPIRED
This deal has expired - you can't get it any more. We've kept it here for reference.
3mths' free Spotify Premium for students
After three months it's £5/mth unless you cancelExpired
For many, streaming is the preferred way to listen to music. There are plenty of free music streaming services, and if you don't mind putting up with ads then you can't beat the price. But if you want the full ad-free service you'll need to stump up for it.
Spotify Premium lets you listen ad-free, save offline tracks, play any track in the order you want and listen in higher-quality audio, and its student discount gives you three months free, then 50% off after that, making it £4.99/mth (non-students pay £9.99).
How do I get the deal?
You must be a new customer to Spotify and not used any trials before. You can sign up through Spotify and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANT: Once the three-month free trial is over, you'll be charged £4.99/mth for the time you are still a student (you have to re-verify every year). Once you've finished studying, it'll go up to £9.99 a month, unless you cancel your subscription (you can do this anytime).