Cognac, the Colosseum & catchment areas – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Put on an extra layer and warm yourself by the welcoming hearth of the MSE Forum. Here's your weekly highlights round-up.
A few useful or diverting discussions that caught our eye this week:
- Should I worry about the 2020 date on a sealed bottle of cognac? I bought it as a Xmas gift in 2020 and I'd finally like to gift it this year
- I bought a 25-shot firework but it only sent up three. The retailer will only offer me a 50% refund
- My late mother hardly wore her £1,300 hearing aids, but Specsavers won't reprogramme them for my own use
- Ebay sellers, what's your strategy for listing over Christmas?
- Where is all the evaporated milk?
An MSE Forumite's firework purchase was a bit of a damp squib
- My flat's building management wants to charge me £80+VAT to open a communal cupboard
- Canon offers paper craft architecture of famous landmarks which you can download and print for free, eg, Tower Bridge and the Colosseum
- Should we move to the catchment area of a better-performing state school, or pay for private school?
- Here are my floor plans – please help me redesign my living space
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I keep sending Christmas cards to my partner's family who don't send them to us?
I love sending Christmas cards, and always send them to my partner's family, who we don't often see or hear from. It's been years since any of them sent us a card, and with cash tight this year, I'm starting to think I'm wasting my money as it's not cheap to buy and send cards to them all. But it doesn't seem in the Christmas spirit to stop sending them because we don't get anything back, and I worry about my partner losing contact with his family.
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Your two cents
We'd love to know: what's the weirdest Christmas flavour you've spotted so far? Can you beat turkey and stuffing-flavoured ice cream?
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.