Woodworm, WFH & window tint – this week's MSE Forum highlights
As the train of Time pulls into the station of November, we've a fresh crop of MSE Forum highlights.
Here's a bit of what caught our eye recently:
- To my despair, my kid wants a Man City ‘Haaland’ shirt for his birthday. Is there any way to get one for under £75?
- I have a private number plate and I keep being charged for other people’s ULEZ access
- After working from home since January 2021, my boss now wants me in the office – what are my rights?
- My gas meter is under water – should I be concerned?
Got any thoughts for this MSE Forumite who's been asked to stop working from home?
- The three huge Cox apples on my apple tree have vanished – which creature is the culprit?
- I’m thinking of hiring out my neglected car on Turo or Hiyacar – how will it affect my motor insurance?
- Help me decide if installing a diesel hob in my van for £1,000 would be a MoneySaving investment
- My loft is infested with woodworm and I’ve been quoted £903 +VAT to treat it. Is it something I can do myself instead?
- My carpet faded in the sun and the manufacturer’s replacing it for free. Where can I buy UV window tint to stop fading?
Now that November has begun, the MSE Forum's monthly challenges are starting afresh. Benefit from the support of the community and save money when you join in. Here are just a couple of the options:
November 2023 Grocery Challenge
Set a budget for grocery shopping and do your best to stick to it.
Nifty November's No-Spend Days Challenge!
Set aside a few days this month when you don't spend anything at all.
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I get a Disabled Person's Railcard when my condition doesn't really affect me?
I qualify for a Disabled Person's Railcard to get 1/3 off rail fares as I have epilepsy. Yet I've not had a fit for over a decade and it doesn't affect my life, apart from having to renew my driving licence every three years. I feel somehow I don't deserve the railcard because my ability to travel isn't affected, and I can afford full-price fares. Should I apply?
See what our MSE Forumites had to say and add your own thoughts on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Do please stick to the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
Step this way and try your luck on the Competitions Time board, where compers share new opportunities to win prizes every day. Success stories are frequent. Recently, redfox5 won a £250 Xander Kostroma voucher from Cosmopolitan and spent it on these crystal accessories and scarves.
Now winter's here, are you stocking up your cupboards with any particular staples? Let us know by joining the thread.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.