Stew, savings & side hustles – this week's MSE Forum highlights
See what piqued our interest, from topical questions to clever tricks:
- What cheap or free evening activities can you suggest for a couple?
- I’m worried my cat's lonely. If I adopt a second cat, how can I keep the extra costs down?
- The local carpet shop is ghosting me
- I’m a retired man living alone – how should I stock my freezer for the coming winter?
- I paid for an all-inclusive holiday but arrived at the resort to find only two of its eight restaurants open – what are my rights?
Can you help this MSE Forumite calculate the cost of a second cat?
- How will HMRC’s new ‘side hustle’ rules affect us eBay sellers?
- I’m a burnt out 50-year-old looking for a simple supermarket job, but I’m overqualified. Would it be illegal to understate my experience on my CV?
- Please tell me your experiences of buying an electric car through an employer’s scheme
- What are the best apps for tracking Black Friday deals?
- Can you recommend a tablet or notebook for my nan, who'd like to play online bridge and watch iPlayer?
Photo of the week
The long-running What are you making for dinner? thread is chock-full of meal inspiration, like this slow cooker vegetable stew with cheddar dumplings whipped up by goldfinches. What are you planning for dins?
Please note: We love seeing your photos, but if you're uploading one, make sure it doesn't include personally-identifiable information such as your face or address.
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I pay more towards a holiday with my boyfriend who earns less than me?
My boyfriend of six months and I are planning our first holiday together. I know his salary's around £10,000 a year less than mine, but I've never told him how much I earn. He's currently saving for a deposit on a first property, while I already have a mortgage and savings. Should I offer to pay more towards the holiday? It feels unfair it should impact him more financially than me, but I don't know if he'd be offended if I offered to pay more, or if we should just be splitting costs equally at this stage of our relationship.
See what our MSE Forumites had to say and add your own thoughts on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Do please stick to the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
The bustling Competitions Time board is a hub for compers to share and discover opportunities to win prizes. Each day brings new successes, such as LagrangeL2's recent £200 Argos voucher win.
With fright night on the horizon, we're after your ghoulishly good deals and MoanySaving ideas. So tell us: have you spotted any Halloween food and drink deals? Or planned any homemade Halloween costumes or decorations?
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.