Passports, petrol and guinea pigs – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Peruse some of the recent threads that stood out to us (and why not join in some of them, while you're at it?).
- Trying to board a plane two weeks after my kids’ passports expired cost me £2,000
- My late aunt’s will names a family member who doesn’t exist. As executor, what do I do?
- The house I’m buying has asbestos and a loft full of wasps – how major are these problems?
- Bakers beware: Dr Oetker are shrinking their bars of cooking chocolate
- Is it reasonable for my landlord to prevent me from keeping guinea pigs?
This MSE Forumite's t-shirt order was a letdown
- Misspelling on birthday biscuit - is that just the way the cookie crumbles?
- I bought a size-small t-shirt online but a large arrived. The company won’t refund, insisting ‘L’ means ‘small’
- Our landlord is ignoring our ‘biscuit bug’ infestation
- My car’s not been driven for a year. Will the petrol in the tank have gone bad?
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I give my cheating ex his half of a council tax refund?
I just received a letter saying I'm to be refunded £179 for overpaid council tax from 2016/17. I lived in that property with my now ex-boyfriend and we split the bill equally, though it was in my name. Since then he has cheated on me, which led to us breaking up and moving out. Would you let him know about the refund if you were in my situation, or would you keep it all?
See what our MSE Forumites had to say and add your own thoughts on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Do please stick to the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
The ever-popular Competitions Time board is where compers come to share and discover opportunities to win prizes. We spot new successes every day. This week, ehsangreat is celebrating winning a helicopter flight.
Meanwhile, swatmough was delighted to receive two emails about competition wins in the space of one minute!
One Forumite is looking forward to a copter flight after winning a competition.
The Premium Bonds draw for October took place this week. Each month, Forumites celebrate and commiserate on our Premium Bond winner thread, keeping track of their performance over the year. If you're a bond-holder, how did you get on this time round?
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.