Freebies, flasks & finger puppets – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Each week we publish a small selection of highlights from the MSE Forum. This week is a short one thanks to the bank holiday, so it's a slightly slimmer round-up than usual. Happy Easter weekend, folks.
We're always scouring for useful, interesting or cheering threads. A few that caught our eye this week:
- Could I live on my friend's driveway temporarily?
- How to cook using a flask and boiling water
- Is it worth getting my own generator? If so, what kind?
- Give me your tips for taking good quality photos of my house as I put it up for sale
- I ordered a chair in December but it's now April and there's no sign of it – what are my rights?
- What's the best way to introduce yourself to a new neighbour?
- Is there anything you wanted as a child that you can now get free?
Can you help a Forumite find free finger puppet knitting patterns?
- I've just bought the dilapidated house next to mine and would like to rearrange the borders between my two homes – am I allowed?
- I want to knit some finger puppets – anyone know where I can find some free knitting patterns?
- Anyone else ever regretted buying a house that's just too big? On my first day in my new place, I heard my mobile ringing and I ran into every room to find it until it rang out
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I ask my dad's wife to pay me for my houseplant?
Five months ago, I asked my dad's green-fingered wife if she could use her skills to nurse an orchid back to health for me. It's now looking healthy and pretty – but on their windowsill. Should I ask her to pay me for it if she wants to keep it, or should I just let her have it as she saved it?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Remember the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Your two cents
Do you grow your own veg or herbs? Maybe you have an allotment, or just a few chives in a window box, or perhaps you've been wanting to start growing things but haven't yet. With spring here, now's the time to start talking all things homegrown. We'd love to hear your questions and suggestions, and see your photos in this MSE Forum discussion: The even bigger and better and hopefully not lower bits of growing your own in 2022!
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register to the MSE Forum.