Golf, gifting & granulated tea – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Encyclopaedic in scope and consistently surprising, no two weeks are ever the same in the MSE Forum. Enjoy the latest instalment of highlights.
A few of this week's top threads
A few cheering, handy or otherwise notable discussions that caught our eye this week:
- I’m thinking of turning my vegetable patch into a crazy golf course
- My house overlooks a green space where ball games are forbidden, but the local kids ignore the sign. Footballs constantly hit my car. What can I do?
- PG Tips has stopped making granulated tea – do any other brands do a similar product?
- I’m writing my will but don’t know who to leave everything to
- Give me recommendations for things to do in Paris, s'il vous plaît
Your Paris recommendations are required
- My brother lives on a London canal boat which changes moorings every fortnight, so he uses my address for correspondence. When he sells, how can he prove it’s his main residence and avoid capital gains tax?
- Please recommend me an e-bike
- I sent my ring for repair and the company lost it. It’s offering me a £100 voucher, which won’t cover it
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I tell my relative about my lottery win from a ticket she got me?
For my birthday, a close relative always gives me two lottery tickets, and I do the same for her. This year, I won a significant amount of money, and I'm not sure whether she might expect me to split it with her, given the reciprocal nature of the exchange. I've considered keeping quiet for six months, then saying the money came from another ticket, so I can share it around the family as I choose. But when I give her tickets, I make a note of the numbers so I can check if she's won, so there's a chance she's done the same. Should I tell her?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
The ever popular Competitions Time board is where compers find and share competitions. We're always seeing new success stories. This week, for example, Cottersj won a set of cheeses from a Good Housekeeping competition.
Cheesy does it
Your two cents
We've a question for you: to regift, or not to regift? Is it fine to make a present of something you don't want? And if you already do this, has it ever gone awry? Share your thoughts and anecdotes in the discussion.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.
Join the MSE Forum Discussion
Select the link below to head over to the dedicated MSE Forum thread.