Crochet, canal boats & concave soap – this week's MSE Forum highlights
It's a lean, keen, coral-and-teal machine, and we call it the MSE Forum. Here's this week's bevy of highlights.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of this week's stand-out threads:
- Sneaky shrinkflation: I bought my usual bar of soap and found it now has a concave underside which has reduced the weight from 125g to 100g
- My ex-husband wants to register his five cars to my new address because he lives on a canal boat – is it unkind to say no?
- Riddle me this: how do I tile a curved wall?
- Let me hear your positive experiences of buying a house via modern auction
Would you let your canal-dwelling ex register his cars to your address?
- We’ve turned our kids’ games room into a craft room and furnished it with free/cheap second hand stuff
- I’m turning 60 – what new perks will open up to me?
- Should we stay in a cheap flat and save for a house, or immediately move to a nice rental?
- I’m looking for a cooling mattress topper with straps – any recommendations?
Please note: We're big fans of your photos, but if you're uploading one, be sure it doesn't include personally-identifiable information such as your face or address.
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
My son's friend borrowed his bike and it got stolen - should his parents replace it?
My son cycled to a friend's house and left his bike there - his friend agreed to store it so my son could collect it a few days later. In the meantime, his friend borrowed it to pop into town, left it unlocked outside a shop for five minutes and it was stolen. The bike cost £350 and wasn't covered by my contents insurance. Should I ask the parents of my son's friend to replace it, as he borrowed it without permission and didn't lock it up, or do I replace it as his friend obviously didn't intend for it to be stolen?
See what our MSE Forumites had to say and add your own thoughts on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Do please stick to the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
The ever-popular Competitions Time board is where compers come to share and discover opportunities to win prizes. Every day we read of new successes. This week, Blulu won a cordless hedge trimmer set and tinyrabies scored a bundle of Rude Health products, to mention just a couple of examples.