Goblets, gardens & girlfriends – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Like a fruit-picker toiling in Australia's Northern Territory, we've selected only the best MSE Forum highlights for your consumption.
Take a peek at some of the helpful, funny or otherwise notable conversations we've spotted:
- Our decorator painted our walls the wrong colour
- Compers: how many competitions do you enter each day?
- Our landlord spends too much time in our garden
- My girlfriend and I have decided to combine finances... will she be able to see all my past transactions when she becomes joint account holder?
- What is this strange contraption I found in my parents’ loft?
Any ideas what this bundle of wires is for?
- Do newspaper crossword puzzles get harder as the week goes on?
- Is a mouse, rat or squirrel responsible for carrying Mum's slab of Bournville chocolate into the next room?
- I gave my landlord notice via letter, but I addressed him by a slightly different name – is the notice void?
- What are your tips for buying a car long-distance?
Photo of the week
This flawless peachy-orange dahlia bloomed in Farway's garden. Sadly, it has since fallen over in the rain and provided a feast for slugs. Beauty is fleeting.
See more like this in the ongoing Awful weather thread.
Please note: We love seeing your photos in the MSE Forum, but if you're uploading one, make sure it doesn't include any personally-identifiable information such as your face or address.
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should we return to the restaurant to pay our bill after being evacuated from it?
My husband and I were having lunch at a restaurant that's part of a small chain when the fire alarm went off. The staff asked everyone to evacuate, then to vacate the area so the fire brigade had access. We later learned it was a false alarm, and I said we should return to pay our bill. My husband thinks there's no need, as we weren't asked to do so at the time, we didn't get to finish our food and drinks, and the service was poor, so the staff wouldn't be missing out on a tip. Who's right?
See what our MSE Forumites had to say and add your own thoughts on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Do please stick to the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
The ever-popular Competitions Time board is where compers come to share and discover opportunities to win prizes. Every day we read of new successes. Recently, Ms_Dee won this natty 'Hobgoblet' from Hobgoblin.
The Parking tickets, fines & parking board is a brilliant resource for those who need help with PCNs and other parking dilemmas. Now the Government is looking into parking charge limits and has launched a call for evidence, so MSE Forumites are pooling their evidence in a dedicated thread. Want to join in? Head to the DLUHC Private Parking Code: Government launches Call For Evidence - discussion thread.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.