Mine shafts, magistrates & men's shampoo – this week's MSE Forum highlights
A few of this week's top threads
Here are some of the threads that have caught our eye this week:
- Our wedding venue cancelled with seven weeks to go, but we’d already had items engraved with the date and location
- Will I get in trouble for crossing the Spanish border with tins of tuna in my luggage?
- Can I sell the big tree that’s planted in my garden?
- I went to court to challenge a parking ticket. Halfway through I began to breastfeed my baby. This startled the magistrates who quickly ended the hearing, and later the parking ticket was dropped
An MSE Forumite wants to know if they can sell their tree
- My council’s agreed to refund six years of council tax but instead of paying cash it’s going to exempt me from council tax in 2023-24. I want the cash
- Share your pension success stories with me
- My CCTV shows that, when I’m away, my lodger has various male guests over who sleep in my lounge, and I’m not happy about it
- Recommend me some cheap but decent men's shampoo
- Tradespeople: what puts you off a job?
- Would you buy a house built over a mine shaft?
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I give some of the money I received in my stepfather's will to my mother?
My stepfather's will named his children and stepchildren, including myself, as beneficiaries of his estate, bypassing my mother, who thought that each of their wills had been written so that their estates passed to the surviving spouse. Following my stepfather's passing, I'm now in line to receive a large sum of money. Should I give some to my mother, given what she thought they'd agreed on?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every Money Moral Dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
One of the busiest parts of the forum, the Competitions Time board is where compers find and share opportunities to win prizes. Recently, redfox5 won this Formula Flawless skincare set from Cosmo magazine. They said, "I normally just grab the cheapest skincare stuff from Aldi so I am very pleased with this! Valued it at about £144!".
Your two cents
You might have clocked that there are brand new avatars available on the MSE Forum. If you'd like to use one as your profile picture, go to your profile, select 'edit profile' and 'change my picture'. We'd love your feedback on the new avatar options. Please visit the link above and drop your comments there.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.
Join the MSE Forum Discussion
Select the link below to head over to the dedicated MSE Forum thread.